In this four part workshop participants will acquire a basic understanding of how GLSL shaders operate within TouchDesigner. Additional information around their syntax and common use will be reviewed. The instructor will guide the students throughout the process. The main concepts of the workshop will be discussed and demonstrated at the beginning of the class and the rest will present themselves as the class unfolds.
- Sunday, 24th of May 2020 / 2 – 4 PM / 1.1. Introduction to GLSL
- Sunday, 31st of May 2020 / 2 – 5 PM / 1.2. GLSL beyond copy and paste
- Sunday, 7th of June 2020 / 2 – 5 PM / 1.3. Raymarching
- Sunday, 14th of June 2020 / 2 – 6 PM / 1.4. Materials & Particle Systems
This workshop is intended for programmers that want to deepen their understanding of computer graphics, for designers that want to learn how things are made, and for anyone curious enough to see the way pixels are drawn on a screen. Some experience with computer graphics will be useful. The course will be continued with a second part soon.
You will learn how to:
- Work with the visual programming environment TouchDesigner 099
- Work with GLSL shaders in TouchDesigner
- Create beautiful Renderings with Raymarching
- Master Particle Systems on the GPU
VanTa is an experienced developer, with a strong focus in the field of computer graphics. In his creations, he always tries to find a balance between geometry, abstraction, and chaos. With a background in environmental science, his work revolves around the intersection between art, science, and technology. He loves when digital elements align with the real world; either in augmented reality overlays, projection mapping on architectural landmarks, or pixels floating in thin air. VanTa also performs as a VJ and musician in different locations and festivals around the world. When he finds the time, he teaches coding to designers and artists.http://instagram.com/vantaslog