Intensive 3 Days workshop about light programming and design using profits of both GrandMa and TouchDesigner
We have 3 Online Sessions and Chat room. After the session videorecordings and Project files will be uploaded for the students.
- A general introduction to working with light.
- An overview of the different light fixtures, their features, and control systems.
- Lighting control protocols and standards.
- Pros and cons of TouchDesigner and MA Lighting’s control systems. Several powerful reasons why you need to use them both right now.
- A bit more about the general logic of MA Lightning.
- The first run of MA onPC: Denial, Anger,Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance.
- Patching fixtures in MA. The use of Lighting fixture Library.
- How to run your 1000-fixture set, How to deal with touring etc
- The way to control: Parameter counting in MA and DMX channels in TD.
- Peculiarities of construction and operation of the system.
- Previews, presets, sequences, cues, effects, control panels, cuelists, fixture properties and more.
- Networking in MA. Network addresses in MA onPC and Lighting desks.
- How (and when) to connect up to 15 consoles in one network?
- Master and Backup systems. Sessions, permissions, worlds.
- Setting up a Loopback adapter and Connecting MA onPC to MA3D.
- Patching the test scene with 100+ fixtures. Import of 3D models to MA.
- Exporting tables and coordinates of the fixtures from MA into TouchDesigner to create a pixel mapping engine.
- Setting up incoming and outgoing data streams, using ArtNet Inputs.
- Additional opportunities to expand the functionality of MA, using TouchDesigner and Ableton:
- Advanced MIDI control. Configuring MIDI and DMX Remote inputs to connect to external control devices.
- OSC integration.
- The use of Ableton as an external timeline with MIDI notes and envelopes.
- Two techniques for tracking moving heads with TouchDesigner and MA.
- Light Control and Pixel Mapping
- Optimization and acceleration. Two approaches: for working with complex devices and for working with simple arrays of RGB pixels.
- Baking up the Laser and DMX Data
- Controlling GrandMa from TD
- Pan-tilt calculation based on 3D coordinates
- Creation fast and dynamic DMX mapping in TouchDesigner
- Creating Laser Graphics in TouchDesigner
- Understanding of Laser mechanics - or how avoid the scanner burning