Houdini and TouchDesigner are complementary programs for solving a wide spectrum of creative tasks for 3D graphics, motion design, performance art, and interactive installations. Both programs are based on the same node engine and share the procedural approach, a variety of data formats, and UI concept.
Actually learning TouchDesigner you are already learning Houdini and vise versa
What makes Hou2Touch unique
- The course is completely prerecorded and includes around 150 video lessons.
- All lessons are structured in 3 levels: Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- Each level contains 3 blocks of modules.
- Each module contains 3 lessons with one project.
- Each lesson contains several videos, detailing the theme.
- After the 3rd lesson, you will have a week to finish the assignments and a live stream with Q&A.
- After each level, you will have an additional week to finish the assignments and relax.
- For communication, during the course, we have a chat with a tutor, course curators, and other participants.
LEVEL 101: Crash Start. Beginner
Module 101.1. Basics
Module 101.2: Content Management and DATs
Module 101.3: Geometry Concept
LEVEL 102: Procedural Modeling and Simulations. Intermediate
Module 102.1: Procedural Modeling
Module 102.2: Build a Final 3D Scene
Module 102.3: Dynamic Simulations
Level 103: Pipeline and Workflows. Intermediate till Advanced
Module 103.1: System Architecture and Assets
Module 103.2: Interactivity
Module 103.3: Data visualization. Web Integration
Module 103.4: AV Setup
Module 103.5: Integration with Unreal