Audio Render and Audio Binaural CHOP support for macOS, GLSL MAT and NDI updates, bug fixes and improvements
May 25, 2023
- GLSL MAT - Added TDTrueCameraIndex().
- GLSL MAT - Added TDScreenSpaceCoord(), which gives a 0-1 coordinate over the viewport.
- NDI Out TOP - Added 'Low-Performance Behavior' parameter to control what this operator does when it's not able to send frames at the full desired FPS.
- Video Stream In TOP - Added 'Disable Buffering' parameter, which enables the same functionally as the -fflags nobuffer option in FFmpeg/FFplay.
- Audio Render CHOP / Audio Binaural CHOP - Now supported on macOS Apple Silicon builds.
- TOP Class - sample() now supports z and w arguments for 3d and 2d array textures.
- pbrMAT Class, phongMAT Class - Added outputShader() to allow a GLSL MAT to be created via a python call.
- Preserve the PYTHONPATH environment variable when launching new TouchDesigner processes.
- New option to call __delTD__ on any extensions when replacing them.
- Palette:gal - Future-proofing. Adding warnings when there is an unconnected export on a parameter.
- Palette:movieEngine - Initial release. The non-UI version of moviePlayer.
- TDAbleton - v.2.1.0 - Now installs remote script into Ableton User Folder.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- NDI - Fixed a hang that can occur when when closing NDI with audio sources active.
- Custom Operators - Fixed TOP example for Cuda not working correctly with 0 inputs.
- Engine COMP / TouchEngine - Fixed a crash which could happen for some components if a component error occurred during loading.
- Engine COMP / TouchEngine - Fixed unexpected behaviour which could occur after an instance crashed.
- FBX COMP - Fixed transforms on meshes that have been merged with parent COMPs through the 'Merge Level' parameter.
- Panel COMPs / Window COMP - Enabled support for cursor constraints on macOS.
- Movie File In TOP - Fixed corrupt output when 'Loop Crossfade' was set.
- Movie File In TOP - Fixed crash when loading 16-bit mono .tiff images.
- RenderStream In TOP - Fixed a hang when two nodes read from the same stream index.
- Spectrum TOP - Fixed recently introduced crash.
- Text TOP - Fixed a crash that can occur when oversized glyphs are rendered when 'Display Method' = Bitmap.
- Texture 3D TOP - Fixed incorrect memory reporting for 2D Texture Arrays.
- Video Device In TOP / Video Device Out TOP - Fixed a crash on Intel GPUs when using Automatic/Pinned memory.
- Video Device Out TOP - Bug fixes
- Fixed a crash that can occur when shutting down a Blackmagic Design device in some cases.
- Fixed potential frame corruption that may have occurred on Blackmagic Design devices.
- Fixed crash that can occur when turning on 'Synced Outputs' for Deltacast devices.
- Improved performance when running at 4k@60hz for Deltacast devices.
- Video Stream In TOP - Fixed issue where the stream would fail to load if an Audio Stream In CHOP was in use and the stream had no audio.
- Video Stream Out TOP - Fixed new crash when using RTSP output.
- Web Render TOP - Fixed an issue which prevented some websites rendering correctly.
- Audio Device In CHOP - Fixed occasionally not opening audio input correctly on some Blackmagic Design devices.
- Audio Render CHOP / Audio Binaural CHOP - Upgraded to Steam Audio SDK v4.1.4.
- FreeD Out CHOP - Added a warning when the input values exceed the range supported by the FreeD protocol.
- Kinect CHOP - Fixed occasional crash when switching to 'Skeleton' set to "Off".
- Pangolin CHOP - Update to Beyond SDK v3.0.0 and fixed undercooking when reactivated.
- Timer CHOP - Fixed a crash in TimerCHOP Class.goTo when setting the segment keyword to a value that exceeds the number of segments.
- Art-Net DAT - Fixed duplicates devices appearing in the table.
- Text DAT - Fixed a crash when redirecting stderr to a DAT.
- WebSocket DAT - Fixed a bug where timeout would occur before connecting to the server, even if the server existed. Also added a new 'Connection Timeout' parameter to set the length of the timeout.
- GLSL MAT - Fixed default shader having incorrect picking stub code.
- Phong MAT / PBR MAT - Fixed screen space coordinates not working correctly in UI viewers.
- Phong MAT - Fixed rim lights not working when shader is exported to GLSL MAT.
- Privacy - Fixed crashing when a ParGroup Execute DAT was inside a private component.
- Fixed an issue which caused wrong positions to be calculated for some monitor layouts, affecting window behaviour and the Monitors DAT
- macOS - Fixed possible crash if display configuration changed during application launch.
- Fixed Global OP shortcuts not registering properly on external .tox files.
- New batch of 35 snippets for 17 operators.