Mousetrappe is seeking a TouchDesigner Show Systems Developer. The TouchDesigner Show Systems Developer takes the creative brief for an exciting immersive dining experience and devises a technological solution to bring it to life. The design of this solution comprises the video, audio, lighting, interactive and control elements, and their integration to form a cohesive, robust "system" that will meet the creative and logistical needs of the show. The Show Systems Developer is responsible for programming show control and media routing, monitoring and control of computers and other elements within the show systems, and network video distribution systems. This role works closely with both internal and external teams and a successful candidate will fluently communicate tech solutions across a multitude of audiences.
Contract Based – 4-5 Weeks, Rough Start sometime between February 5th and February 16th. Please note that the majority of this work MUST be completed onsite in our Burbank/LA Studio due to the hardware-based assignments, with limited work from home capabilities.
Systems Design Leadership:
- Fluency in TouchDesigner programming and a strong portfolio of past examples of development work using the software and platform in unique and interesting ways.
- Hold extensive knowledge and experience of working within immersive entertainment.
- Forward thinking and creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Strong communication skills and solid experience of show control systems are key for this role.
- Troubleshoot and effectively communicate procedures to teams.
- Skilled in effectively conveying information and developing protocols across disciplines.
- Exhibit patience and perseverance with an ability to serve as a teacher for the team operating the systems.
- A robust understanding of various media delivery systems, network protocols, and communication methods to be able to troubleshoot and drive development.
- Adaptability and an open-mindedness are essential to align with the ebbs and flows of each technical system’s designs.
- Understand other show disciplines including lighting, audio, video, special effects, show action equipment, interactives, etc.
- Experience configuring network media transport protocols including SMPTE 2110 and sACN.
- Experience working with lighting fixtures via DMX.
- Experience working with OSC, MIDI and Timecode
- Document the commands and protocols between the various components utilized in the experience including lighting, audio, video, special effects, show action equipment, and Platform Services.
- Document functionality needs of the experience during the design process to ensure the programming strategy is aligned with those needs.
- Step into existing projects to support handover. Meticulous organization of projects and systems to allow others to easily understand the architecture of the design.
- Willingness to travel to Los Angeles for project assignments as needed.
Please Apply Here: