As a member of the Digital Experience team, your role is to help envision, scope, and implement digital engagement opportunities that bridge the gap between the physical and digital world. You will leverage a variety of platforms and technologies to identify and define user experiences, simulate experiences within virtual environments, and prototype and implement various installations. You are curious about all types of technology and appreciate how it contributes to a larger experience. When you see a data visualization, you ask yourself, “How would I make that?”.
You understand software best practices and are knowledgeable in front-end frameworks and design patterns. These skills allow you to bootstrap a proof of concept with minimal effort. Your experience enables you to ship code that is reliable and maintainable. As a member of the Digital Experience team you will collaborate with interior designers, digital designers, and experience strategists to identify opportunities and provide insights on emerging technologies. Time management, regularly estimating efforts and meeting deadlines, and working on more than one project simultaneously are second nature to you. You’ve got skills to deliver from idea to implementation and also know the go-to resources to handle large and specialized projects. You understand visual design, but are a developer at heart. You’re a pro at your chosen suite of tools and you consider mastering new tools not only a prerequisite of working in the rapidly evolving digital age but also one of your key strengths. You are equally adept at the creative aspects of software development as well as the organizational elements, such as versioning, planning, and documentation.
From a technology standpoint, the ideal candidate would be proficient in TouchDesigner development. You are familiar with TOPs, CHOPs, SOPs, and know when and how to use them. You are able to create complex, multi-state, interactive applications. You can create custom components and user interfaces. You have a firm grasp of the OpenGL underpinnings of TouchDesigner. You are comfortable writing shaders in GLSL and are proficient at writing Python code to script additional functionality. Additionally, you should know how to set up TouchDesigner projects in production environments. You should be comfortable working in different operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac).
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with clients, design teams and other designers on projects across multiple industries
- Provide technology inspiration, thought leadership in application of technology in design, and innovative in solution approach
- Translate user needs into visual concepts using a variety of tools
- Identify, research, and recommend technology solutions, specifications, and requirements
- Develop for the needs of the clients and end users, understanding the balance between the two
- Write well designed, testable, efficient markup and code
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Collaborate with external technology and solution vendors
- Adapt to skills and knowledge to various projects and platforms
- Minimum of 6 years of related work experience
- Expertise working in TouchDesigner
- Ability to create stable, production level code
- Ability to create high fidelity visuals, create complex interactive multi-state systems, manage events, process incoming data, interface with libraries and other technologies
- Ability to work in 3d geometry based visuals as well as 2d shader-based visuals
- Familiar with TOPs, CHOPs, SOPs and how to use them
- Comfortable writing shaders in GLSL
- Proficient at writing Python code to script additional functionality
- Ability to present technology solutions to non-technical audience
- Direct experience integrating digital and technology as a component of physical space design and experience environments
- In-depth understanding of presentation layer technologies and systems
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to schedule, provide work effort estimates, and collaborate on overall project scope definition
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and understand diverse technologies and techniques.
- Desire to employ best design practices and to develop new bold ideas
- Must provide a portfolio in either PDF form or a link to a website portfolio