Leviathan is looking for a Director of Creative Technology with the right experience, knowledge and trail-blazing skills to join us on a journey of creating never-before-seen experiences at the nexus of design, digital media, and interaction.
This senior role requires expert level knowledge of real-time, game engine and generative graphics development platforms, along with the hardware required to improve their usage within physical installations. Presentations will be needed daily to work with your team, creative and project management leads. Work with clients to understand user needs; and be the technology voice of the organization. While first a leadership role, the Director must also be hands-on with creating and troubleshooting code.
Not just a team manager, this Director will be in constant pursuit of technical excellence and new ideas for our projects and our entire organization, looking not only to perfect our engineering crafts but also to break new creative ground. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who can blend our needs with customer needs to create new solutions.
You will report to the CEO of Leviathan.
- Be a principal technology architect on projects incorporating software and hardware engineering.
- Develop best practices and software development standards for our organization; recommend primary and secondary technologies to formally adopt.
- Help assess incoming project opportunities for technological feasibility, required production time and resources, and options for execution.
- Manage department staff and freelance software engineers.
- Duties of oversight include:
- Communicate individual project roles to teammates.
- Review work progress by team, helping with troubleshooting issues.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Helping determine discipline, improvement plan or release if necessary.
- Promote ongoing performance and growth of department team members.
- Screen and choose new team hires.
- Create mock-ups, code examples, and demonstration prototypes.
- Manage the “technical success” of projects and ensure that it meets client satisfaction.
- This includes working with the creative and producing teams to ensure feasibility, and timeline goals are met.
- Be Leviathan’s technology ears, eyes and voice at industry conferences, association meetings and similar functions.
- Research latest technologies and custom-built utilities for clients and team alike to incorporate into projects and operations.
- Participate in conversations around IT infrastructure and CG pipeline.
- Train and document technical procedures (i.e. How To Documents).
- Proficiency in at least one real-time 3D game engine (Unreal, Unity, or similar realtime game engine architecture).
- Open to learning new technologies (Unreal, Unity, or similar realtime game engine architecture)
- Remain current on developing standards, industry trends, and solutions that are changing.
- 8+ years of professional experience in immersive design and engineering, real-time graphics rendering or gameplay development within a digital production company, creative agency or gaming studio.
- Stay informed about developing standards, industry trends, and solutions that are changing. You have big ideas and opinions on high quality, efficiency, and scalability.
- Have a project portfolio that showcases various immersive technologies (AR, VR, real time graphics, aforementioned installations).
- Team leadership.
Leviathan offers a great compensation package, 100% employer paid health and dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
We build branded environments, themed entertainment, public spaces, events and retail. With such varied backgrounds as motion design, architecture, software engineering and brand strategy under one roof, we bring a unique perspective and increased efficiency to solving complex problems.
We’re committed to attracting a diverse workforce. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are paramount throughout our culture, principles and practices. By ensuring that every Leviathan person can bring a diverse set of talents, experiences and world views to our work, we’re living out our mission.
At Leviathan, we prioritize making people feel like they can bring their whole selves to work every day (this includes applicants, too). Feel free to share your pronouns and how you’d like to be addressed: she/her, they/them, he/him, ze/zir.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Leviathan, where we can be better together.
Leviathan is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Learn about Leviathan: https://www.lvthn.com/