Supervised by: Interactive Team Director
Travelling required: Occasionally
Moment Factory is seeking a Touch Designer Developer to participate in the creation of interactive experiences and generative installations. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in keeping up with new multimedia technologies –both hardware and software- and their application potential in a variety of contexts and canvases. The core of this person’s work will consist of generating stunning visuals and devising engaging user experiences. The creative developer will be expected to commit to a project from its conception phase to its on-site integration, as well as contribute to in-house research and development projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program real-time interactive experiences based on artistic intentions;
- Participate in the creative process and propose innovative solutions;
- Ensure a clear and coherent user experience;
- Undertake the optimization of the program, the stability of the system and the versioning of the code;
- Keep up with technological developments and new real-time visual programming techniques;
- Participate in research and development (R&D) efforts.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALITIES
- A proven track record of professional work developed in TouchDesigner;
- Extensive experience with shaders programming (GLSL);
- Experience with complex 3D scenes and animations as well as 2D compositing;
- Experience with Python scripting;
- Good knowledge of sensors and human-computer interaction.
- Independent, demonstrates initiative, able to handle unexpected events;
- Interested in sharing knowledge and inspiration as well as contributing to the group dynamic;
- Accepts and responds favourably to feedback.
SPECIFIC WORKING CONDITIONS
- Availability to occasionally work outside of regular office hours.