WHITEvoid is an art and design studio in Berlin. We develop and exhibit cutting-edge, large-scale 3D light installations. From architecture and interiors to interactive exhibits and custom-made applications and hardware, our architectonic designs realise complex, unique ideas, and adorn clubs, galleries, shops, live shows, and other diverse spaces around the world. Our team is comprised of specialists in art, architecture, and product design, as well mechanical-, electronic- and software engineering. We are strongly driven by technology, innovation, and experimentation. We dare to think big and push the boundaries of complexity and beauty in each project. Our house brand KINETIC LIGHTS is the world’s leading specialist in kinetic lighting. For more than fifteen years our designs and products have earned awards and worldwide recognition for delivering professionally engineered lighting equipment.
- Development and maintenance of the TouchDesigner based control software for the KINETIC LIGHTS event automation system
- Adapt and expand the software to new technologies and customer requests
- Work with other TouchDesigner developers who focus more on showdelivery and content programming
- Close interdisciplinary cooperation with our engineering, production and technical planning teams
- On-site setup and operation of national and international installations and projects
- Off-site / remote support for our on-going projects
- Technical documentation
- Deep understanding of TouchDesigner with a track record of delivered projects
- Expert knowledge of using Python in TouchDesigner, especially Python extensions, using type hints, familiarity with data classes, usage of abstract base classes vs. protocols
- Understanding of general object-oriented programming principles and design patterns
- Understanding of and experience with shader programming in GLSL.
- Solid understanding of core computer graphics concepts & 3D pipelines At least a basic familiarity with using C++ in TouchDesigner
- Vector & matrix math (e.g. coordinate space transformations) should not scare you Experience using git for version control of TouchDesigner projects
- Experience working with lighting fixtures via DMX / ArtNet
- Experience working with OSC, MIDI and Timecode
- Very good and clear communication skills in English. You do not need to speak German for this role!
- Exceptional, challenging and unique international projects
- Participation in the growth of a new location for art, technology and events (DARK MATTER)
- A highly motivated, international team and a friendly, open-minded working environment - we stand for openness and diversity!
- Working independently, flat hierarchies and the opportunity to contribute your own ideas
- Wildcard option to participate in projects worldwide
- Free German lessons at a centrally-located partner school
- Substantial discount on Urban Sports Club memberships
- Team events, such as joint BBQs and summer parties
- Delicious coffee and other drinks and snacks for free
- Modern studio right on the Spree in East Berlin, with great leisure activities nearby
Friday, January 12, 2024