Realtime 3D rendering combined with high resolution realtime compositing create a pixel playground that lets you discover entirely new ways of creating content.
TouchDesigner’s 3D engine offers procedural geometry modeling using Academy-award-winning SOPs. Or import geometry in FBX format with support for also importing, animations, cameras, textures and more. Furthermore, leverage the GPU in your system to manipulate and transform 1000s of instances of your geometry, all with interactive control and realtime performance.
PBR materials (Physically Based Rendering) and environment lights offer a new level rendering quality to TouchDesigner. Substance Designer materials are natively supported giving access to a great community of material designers and hundreds of materials available for use. If deep customization is needed, GLSL Shaders and Materials or C++ effects can be brought into the mix at any stage.
- Realtime GPU-accelerated compositing and rendering.
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials and load Substance Designer materials directly.
- Environment lights to make PBR materials look more realistic.
- Import and export geometry and scenes using FBX and OBJ file formats.
- High-performance HD and 4K video inputs and outputs.
- Create custom GLSL shaders, geoetry shaders, compute shaders, and more (GLSL 4.5 on Windows, 3.3 on macOS).
- Support for 3D textures and 2D texture arrays and multi-layer textures.
- Wide range of pixel formats from 3D textures to 32-bit float, 16-bit fixed, and more. Support for 10-bit color displays.
- Industry standard color correction via OpenColorIO.
- Supports a wide variety of projection formats for mapping, dome, VR, stitching, and environment lights.