TDSW will be hosting an Unreal Engine workshop titled Building UE4 Scenes to work with TouchDesigner!
About this Event
We will welcome Satoru Higa, a visual artist/programmer from Backspace Productions Inc!
We have our Patreon. You can watch all of our live streaming workshops with the TDSW Excellent plan for $35/month. Please give it some consideration if you are going to continue taking our workshops.
This event will be held online via the Zoom webinar.
Find "Go to online event page" in order confirmation email via Eventbrite for the Zoom link.
The recording of this event is going to be shared with ticket holders within 5 days after the event.
Don't hesitate to let us know if you register for this event and don't receive any emails from us after the 5 days.
23rd August 2020 15:00-18:00 JST
- We recommend you to join the webinar room at least 5 minutes prior to the workshop.
- We will open the room 30 minutes prior to the event. Please complete testing your computer or device audio before the workshop.
日本語 / Japanese
Beginner / Intermediate
Nice to have TouchDesigner basic operation skill
■ Registration fees
You will get access to the live stream and recording of the event.
- General live streaming & recording - 2,000 JPY + Service fee
- Student live streaming & recording - 1,000 JPY + Service fee
Check out Peatix if you don't have a payment option here.
■ How to join the Zoom webinar
- Find "Go to online event page" in order confirmation email via Eventbrite for the Zoom link.
- You will receive sample files via an Eventbrite email 2 hours prior to the event that day.
- Please make sure you can receive an email from eventbrite.com.
■ Timetable (subject to change) time in JST
14:30 -15:00 Open
15:00 - 15:10 Introduction
15:10 - 16:00 Workshop
16:00 - 16:10 Break
16:10 - 17:00 Workshop
17:00 - 17:10 Break
17:10 - 18:00 Workshop
18:00 - 18:10 Update from TDSW
18:10 - 18:20 Close
■ Contents (subject to change)
This workshop will cover how to create UE4 Scenes to work with TouchDesigner so that you can profit greatly from UE4 rendering quality. For example,
- Send data from TouchDesigner to UE4
- Control UE4 Scenes with a TouchDesigner camera
- Control UE4 Static Mesh Instances with TouchDesigner
- Share a texture between UE4 and TouchDesigner
- Work examples
■ About the instructor
比嘉了 Satoru Higa | @satoruhiga
Born in 1983. Visual artist / Programmer
Satoru has been working for various fields such as installation, live production, VJing, VR with his experience from a wide range of projects and advanced programming skills especially for real-time 3D graphics, computer vision.
He co-founded Backspace Productions Inc in 2019.
- A recent computer with the latest official TouchDesigner 099 installed and keyed (more information on installation and licenses here). If your computer is older please inquire if it will be appropriate for the workshop content.
- A 2-button mouse with scroll wheel), or 3 button mouse.
- Please consult the System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running TouchDesigner 099.
- Zoom account (register for the free account here)
- Install Unreal Engine 4.25.3.
- No refund even if you leave the event earlier.
- The closing times may vary depending on how quickly we make progress.
- Photos, videos, and/or screenshots will be taken at this event. We will possibly share them via our social media accounts.
If you have any questions please contact us.
■ About the organizer
TDSW | Tokyo Developers Study Weekend is an organization that runs workshops/events aiming to share techniques and knowledge about digital creativity and networking among creators and manages a community with creative people. We have organized more than 50 events and had more than 2000 attendees in total since April 2018. We deliver exciting after-hours and weekends to creative people focusing on visual programming tools such as TouchDesigner.