About this Event
We will welcome Yugo MINOMO, a technical Director at SEP, inc!
We have our Patreon. You can watch all of our live streaming workshops with the TDSW Excellent plan for $35/month. Please give it some consideration if you are going to continue taking our workshops.
This event will be held online via the Zoom webinar.
Find "Go to online event page" in order confirmation email via Eventbrite for the Zoom link.
The recording of this event is going to be shared with ticket holders within 5 days after the event.
Don't hesitate to let us know if you register for this event and don't receive any emails from us after the 5 days.
18th April 2021 15:00-18:00 UTC+9
Check the event time in your time zone
- We recommend you to join the webinar room at least 5 minutes prior to the workshop.
- We will open the room 30 minutes prior to the event. Please complete testing your computer or device audio before the workshop.
日本語 / Japanese
Beginner / Intermediate
Nice to have TouchDesigner basic operation skill
The instructor will show some GLSL in the latter part of the workshop.
■ Registration fees
You will get access to the live stream and recording of the event.
- General live streaming & recording - 2,000 JPY + Service fee
- Student live streaming & recording - 1,000 JPY + Service fee
Check out Peatix if you don't have a payment option here.
■ How to join the Zoom webinar
- Find "Go to online event page" in order confirmation email via Eventbrite for the Zoom link.
- You will receive sample files via an Eventbrite email 2 hours prior to the event that day.
- Please make sure you can receive an email from eventbrite.com.
■ Timetable (subject to change) time in UTC+9
14:30 -15:00 Open
15:00 - 15:10 Introduction
15:10 - 16:00 Workshop
16:00 - 16:10 Break
16:10 - 17:00 Workshop
17:00 - 17:10 Break
17:10 - 18:00 Workshop
18:00 - 18:10 Update from TDSW
18:10 - 18:20 Close
■ Contents (subject to change)
In this lecture, you can comprehensively learn how to use various SOP Operatores and how to handle point-attributes by creating Twisted Torus (three-dimensional twisted torus) and Torus Knot (torus knot). In the last half of the lecture, we will take Umbilic Torus as an example and explain how to move Twisted Torus with many vertices by GLSL.
Session1: Make Twisted Torus / Torus Knot with Sweep SOP
OP | Sweep SOP / Polyloft SOP / Facet SOP
Session2: Create asymmetric Twisted Torus / Torus Knot using Point Attribute (Scale / Twist / Roll) peculiar to Sweep SOP
Main use OP | CHOPto SOP
Session3: Through the making of Umbilic Torus, explain how to control Twisted Torus with many vertices in GLSL.
OP | Script SOP / Point SOP
■ About the instructor
Twitter & Instagram : @minoge1001
A technical director at SEP, Inc. After working as a technician at a television broadcasting company and studying at Institute of Advanced Media Arts and Sciences (IAMAS), he joined SEP in 2021. He has been working to create interesting stuff between technology and artistic expression with a wide variety of knowledge and experience of image technology.
- A recent computer with the latest official TouchDesigner 099 installed and keyed (more information on installation and licenses here). If your computer is older please inquire if it will be appropriate for the workshop content.
- A 2-button mouse with scroll wheel), or 3 button mouse.
- Please consult the System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running TouchDesigner 099.
- Zoom account (register for the free account here)
- No refund even if you leave the event earlier.
- The closing times may vary depending on how quickly we make progress.
- Photos, videos, and/or screenshots will be taken at this event. We will possibly share them via our social media accounts.
If you have any questions please contact us.
■ About the organizer
TDSW | Tokyo Developers Study Weekend is an organization that runs workshops/events aiming to share techniques and knowledge about digital creativity and networking among creators and manages a community with creative people. We have organized more than 70 events and had more than 2000 attendees in total since April 2018. We deliver exciting after-hours and weekends to creative people focusing on visual programming tools such as TouchDesigner.