About this Event
We welcome Yea Chen, CTO at ChillProduction, one of the TouchDesignerTW community administrators!
We have our Patreon. You can watch all of our live streaming workshops with the TDSW Excellent plan for $35/month. Please give it some consideration if you are going to continue taking our workshops.
We just started our English subtitles challenge. If you think that we have been doing something meaningful for the creative community, please consider contributing or sharing!
This event will be held online via the Zoom webinar.
Find "Go to online event page" in order confirmation email via Eventbrite for the Zoom link.
The recording of this event is going to be shared with ticket holders within 5 days after the event.
Don't hesitate to let us know if you register for this event and don't receive any emails from us after five days.
14th March 2021 15:00-18:00 UTC+8
- We recommend you to join the webinar room at least 5 minutes prior to the workshop.
- We will open the room 30 minutes prior to the event. Please complete testing your computer or device audio before the workshop.
English / Taiwanese Mandarin
英文 / 漢語
■ Registration fees
You will get access to the live stream and recording of the event.
- General live streaming & recording - 2,000 JPY + Service fee
- Student live streaming & recording - 1,000 JPY + Service fee
Check out Peatix if you don't have a payment option here.
■ How to join the Zoom webinar
- Find "Go to online event page" in order confirmation email via Eventbrite for the Zoom link.
- You will receive sample files via an Eventbrite email 2 hours prior to the event that day.
- Please make sure you can receive an email from eventbrite.com.
■ Timetable (subject to change) time in UTC+8
14:30 -15:00 Open
15:00 - 15:10 Introduction
15:10 - 16:00 Workshop
16:00 - 16:10 Break
16:10 - 17:00 Workshop
17:00 - 17:10 Break
17:10 - 18:00 Workshop
18:00 - 18:10 Update from TDSW
18:10 - 18:20 Close
■ Contents (subject to change)
TouchDesigner is one of the best multimedia development environments on the planet, but maybe you can make it even better with your own hands!
You may encounter a similar situation: you are always happy to use TouchDesigner to complete one challenge after another, but sometimes your work partner is often used to various DCC (digital content creation) environments and cannot immediately jump to such a free node-based authoring environment (except Houndini users of course ^^), they are very used to a variety of more abstract UI interfaces to assist their creation.
Or, sometimes you often repeat some abstract operations, until you even feel that you should have some custom user interface to complete these daily tasks?
First of all, we need to know: the user interface of TouchDesigner is written by TouchDesigner itself.
This means that the above-mentioned problems you encounter can actually be solved by your proficient TD skills, and it also gives your friends who may not be familiar with TD have the opportunity to contact TouchDesigner in a more intimate way for the first time!
Or you can simply get some fun as an interface hacker. :)
**Topics covered in this workshop will include:**
- Dive into the hidden TD user interface network.
- Modify the user interface of TD (Palette, Menu, OP Create Dialog...etc)
- Know the TD installation environment to take advantage of some files in those folders that you might ignore.
- Translation (localization) TD interface.
- Tips for customizing the workspace.
- Monitor the TD user interface for interactive.
- Publish custom UI components.
- Introduce some interesting open source components under this topic.
你可能會遇到類似的狀況：你總是很開心的使用TouchDesigner完成一個又一個的挑戰，但有時你的工作夥伴常常因為習慣於各種DCC(digital content creation)環境而無法立即跳到如此自由的節點基礎創作環境 (當然，Houndini用戶除外^^)，他們很習慣各種較為抽象的UI介面來輔助他們的創作。
- 修改TD的使用者介面 (Palette, Menu, OP Create Dialog....etc)
■ About the instructor
Yea Chen (yeataro)
Chief Technology Officer at ChillProduction, one of the TouchDesignerTW community administrators.
Chen is a performing arts-based multimedia developer, specializing in visual programming and shading languages. Past experiences include stagecraft, digital control, carpentry, ironworks, cinematography and lighting, editing and post production, drawings, graphics and optical techniques, machine vision theory, fundamentals of electronics, network communication, computer programming, as well as basic narrative theory. With such a wide, albeit cursory array of experiences in a multitude of fields, Chen possesses an unique ability to examine and search for a path of digitization for existing arts and crafts from a variety of perspectives.
- A recent computer with recent TouchDesigner builds installed.
- A 2-button mouse with scroll wheel), or 3 button mouse.
- Please consult the System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running TouchDesigner.
- No refund even if you leave the event earlier.
- The closing times may vary depending on how quickly we make progress.
- Photos, videos, and/or screenshots will be taken at this event. We will possibly share them via our social media accounts.
If you have any questions please contact us.
TDSW | Tokyo Developers Study Weekend is an organization that runs workshops/events aiming to share techniques and knowledge about digital creativity and networking among creators and manages a community with creative people. We have organized more than 70 events and had more than 4000 attendees in total since April 2018. We deliver exciting after-hours and weekends to creative people focusing on visual programming tools such as TouchDesigner.