Meetups are a great way to meet and be inspired by the TouchDesigner community.
Join us this Saturday 20th November 2021 online at: 4pm UK / 5pm Berlin / 8am LA / 11am NYC
Meetup length 2-hours with option for continuing collaboration in breakout room after the main session for an additional hour.
Level: Open to all levels
What to expect?
The meetup runs via Zoom, the main session will be 2-hours in length with an additional hour open to the community for collaboration and sharing in breakout rooms.
This session focuses on AI & Machine Learning and will feature presentations from expert practitioners:
- Pieter Steyaert (SEADS) – ĒNGINES OF ĒTERNITY, using TD as an exploratory tool
- Pieter is a Transdisciplinary researcher and artist
- A look into our use of TD as a tool for analysing and visualising genomic data coming from research in the international space station, and shaping that into an evolutionary art piece.
- More info: https://seads.network IG: @pieter._steyaert
- Paulina Zybinska – Faketual Reality
- Paulina is a creative technologist experimenting with emerging platforms and frameworks in the field of interactive installations, creative coding and physical computing. Currently based in Zurich, where she works as a freelancer and Research Associate in Interaction Design at ZHdK.
- Faketual Reality is a MA Project from the Department of Interaction Design at ZHdK and Media Technology Lab Center at ETH. The installation uses video and voice-controlled Deepfakes to give the visitors the experience of seeing their own, twisted alter egos after only a few minutes of rendering time. To achieve an effortless interaction, a web-based interface communicates with Python using Flask Framework. At last, TouchDesigner is used to grab the synthesised videos and project them in a specific order.
- To learn more: Instagram: @kratadata Github: kratadata
Following these presentations breakout rooms are created where you can
- Talk to the presenters and ask questions
- Join a room on topics of your choice
- Show other participants your projects, ask for help, or help others out
- Collaborate with others
- Meet peers in the chill-out breakout room