TDSW will host a workshop for TouchDesigner and machine learning techniques for collaborative performance between remote-artists!
About this Event
Many of machine learning technologies have allowed us to extract various information and generate another image from just an image in recent years because of rapid development of machine learning.
With machine learning, there are a lot of possibilities to create next level production even if its remote live performance with only camera streaming.
We will work with Runway ML, the software reducing the barrier to entry for machine learning, and TouchDesigner.
This event will be held online on Zoom webinar.
You will receive an invitation to the webinar room via eventbrite email at 12:00 7th June.
7th June 2020 15:00-18:00 Japan Standard Time
- We recommend you to join the webinar room at least 5 minutes prior to the workshop.
- We will open the room at 14:30. Please complete testing your computer or device audio before the workshop.
日本語 / Japanese
Nice to know basic TouchDesigner workflow and python programming.
■ Registration fees
You will get access for live streaming and recording of the event.
- General - ¥2,000 JPY + Service fee
- Student - ¥1,000 JPY + Service fee
■ How to join the Zoom webinar
You will receive an invitation to the webinar room and project files via eventbrite email at 12:00 that day.
Please make sure you can receive an email from eventbrite.com.
■ Timetable (subject to change)
14:30 - 15:00 Open
15:00 - 15:10 Introduction
15:10 - 16:00 Workshop 1 Setup Runway ML
16:00 - 16:10 Break
16:10 - 17:00 Workshop 2 Working with TD and output
17:00 - 17:10 Break
17:10 - 18:00 Workshop 3
18:10 - 18:10 Close
You will learn some TouchDesigner and machine learning techniques for collaboration between remote-artists such as dancers, musician and visual artists.
■ About the instructor
村田洋敏 (Hiroyoshi Murata)
Technical Director / Engineer at Dentsu Craft Tokyo
- A recent computer with the latest official TouchDesigner 099 (Build 2020.23680) installed and keyed (more information on installation and licenses here). If you computer is older please inquire if it will be appropriate for the workshop content.
- A 2-button mouse with scroll wheel), or 3 button mouse.
- Please consult the System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running TouchDesigner 099.
- Zoom account (register for the free account here)
- Install and sign-up Runway ML
- Install Docker
- Install NDI Virtual input from NDI tools
- No refund even if you leave the event earlier.
- The closing times may vary depending on the progress.
- Photos, videos, and / or screenshots will be taken at this event. We will possibly share them via our social media accounts.
If you have any questions please contact us.
■ About the organizer
TDSW | Tokyo Developer's Study Weekend is an organization that runs workshops / events aiming to share techniques and knowledge about digital creative and networking among creators and manages an community with creative people. We have organized more than 50 events and had more than 2000 attendees in total since April 2018. We deliver exciting after-hours and weekends to creative people focusing visual programming tools such as TouchDesigner.
We started our subscription on Patreon on 2nd June. You can watch all of our live streaming workshop with TDSW Excellent plan for $35/month. Please give it some consideration if you are going to continue taking our workshops as we will have four online events including this workshop every Sunday on June.