TDSW is hosting a TouchDesigner workshop titled Interactive Particles with Kaoru!
About this Event
Can you believe it's July now? Half of 2020 has passed already. We will hit 10th online events this time. We choose Particles x Interaction as a theme for this workshop. We will work on interactive particles that we are so familiar with but lots of possibilities.
We will finally welcome Kaoru Tanaka as our first instructor of July! Her generative art always looks attractive on Instagram (@velvet_kaoru) and she is going to share her techniques with particles on TouchDesigner. We can find her style through her artworks and we hope this workshop would help you find your own, too. Don't miss this opportunity!
We just started our Patreon. You can watch all of our live streaming workshops with the TDSW Excellent plan for $35/month. Please give it some consideration if you are going to continue taking our workshops as we will have two online events per month.
This event will be held online via Zoom webinar.
Find "Go to online event page" in order confirmation email via Eventbrite for the Zoom link.
The recording of this event is going to be shared with ticket holders within 5 days after the event.
12th July 2020 15:00-18:00 JST
- We recommend you to join the webinar room at least 5 minutes prior to the workshop.
- We will open the room 30 minutes prior to the event. Please complete testing your computer or device audio before the workshop.
日本語 / Japanese
■ Registration fees
You will get access to the live stream and recording of the event.
- General live streaming & recording- 2,000 JPY + Service fee
- Student live streaming & recording - 1,000 JPY + Service fee
■ How to join the Zoom webinar
- Find "Go to online event page" in order confirmation email via Eventbrite for the Zoom link.
- You will receive sample files via an Eventbrite email 2 hours prior to the event that day.
- Please make sure you can receive an email from eventbrite.com.
■ Timetable (subject to change) time in JST
14:30 -15:00 Open
15:00 - 15:10 Introduction
15:10 - 16:00 Workshop
16:00 - 16:10 Break
16:10 - 17:00 Workshop
17:00 - 17:10 Break
17:10 - 18:00 Workshop
18:00 - 18:10 Update from TDSW
18:10 - 18:20 Close
■ Contents (subject to change)
You will create interactive animation reacting mice and Leapmotion with particles on TouchDesigner with the instructor.
■ About the instructor
田中薫 (Tanaka Kaoru)
She has worked on system and content for interactive installations for exhibitions. She started Processing getting inspired by John Maeda and eventually interested in Arduino and various sensor devices, then found TouchDesinger. She mainly uses TouchDesigner for her works after that. Her motto is "I will create anything once I got interested in".
- A recent computer with the latest official TouchDesigner 099 installed and keyed (more information on installation and licenses here). If your computer is older please inquire if it will be appropriate for the workshop content.
- A 2-button mouse with scroll wheel), or 3 button mouse.
- Please consult the System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running TouchDesigner 099.
- Zoom account (register for the free account here)
- No refund even if you leave the event earlier.
- The closing times may vary depending on how quickly we make progress.
- Photos, videos, and / or screenshots will be taken at this event. We will possibly share them via our social media accounts.
If you have any questions please contact us.
■ About the organizer
TDSW | Tokyo Developers Study Weekend is an organization that runs workshops/events aiming to share techniques and knowledge about digital creativity and networking among creators and manages a community with creative people. We have organized more than 50 events and had more than 2000 attendees in total since April 2018. We deliver exciting after-hours and weekends to creative people focusing on visual programming tools such as TouchDesigner.