TDSW will host a workshop for TouchDesigner and Websocket that we can communicate with others via the internet.
About this Event
There are numerous network protocols that TouchDesigner supports, which allow us to communicate other devices and apps easily. We will see communication among everyone who joins the workshop with WebSocket and DMX light control via the internet.
Both WebSccket and DMX are not latest fancy technologies, but TDSW thought this topic could inspire us all to get an idea for live production because we are having hard time for offline events at this moment!
This event will be held online on Zoom webinar.
You will receive an invitation to the webinar room via eventbrite email at 9:00 14th June.
14th June 2020 12:00-15:00 Japan Standard Time
- We recommend you to join the webinar room at least 5 minutes prior to the workshop.
- We will open the room at 11:30. Please complete testing your computer or device audio before the workshop.
日本語 / Japanese
You know basic TouchDesigner workflow.
■ Registration fees
You will get access for live streaming and recording of the event.
- General - ¥2,000 JPY + Service fee
- Student - ¥1,000 JPY + Service fee
■ How to join the Zoom webinar
You will receive an invitation to the webinar room and project files via eventbrite email at 9:00 that day.
Please make sure you can receive an email from eventbrite.com.
■ Timetable (subject to change)
11:30 - 12:00 Open
12:00 - 12:10 Introduction
12:10 - 13:00 Workshop
13:00 - 14:10 Break
13:10 - 14:00 Workshop
14:00 - 15:10 Break
14:10 - 15:00 Workshop
15:00 - 15:10 Close
■ Contents (subject to change)
We will ask anyone who is interested to control moving head lights at huez studio from your PC at the end of the workshop.
■ About the instructor
原田康 (Yasushi Harada) | @chimanaco
Creative Developer / Technical Director
TDSW Producer / Director
- A recent computer with the latest official TouchDesigner 099 installed and keyed (more information on installation and licenses here). If you computer is older please inquire if it will be appropriate for the workshop content.
- A 2-button mouse with scroll wheel), or 3 button mouse.
- Please consult the System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running TouchDesigner 099.
- Zoom account (register for the free account here)
- No refund even if you leave the event earlier.
- The workshop will be recorded. The recording will be available to anyone who registers.
- The closing times may vary depending on the progress.
- Photos, videos, and / or screenshots will be taken at this event. We will possibly share them via our social media accounts.
If you have any questions please contact us.
■ About the organizer
TDSW | Tokyo Developers Study Weekend is an organization that runs workshops / events aiming to share techniques and knowledge about digital creative and networking among creators and manages an community with creative people. We have organized more than 50 events and had more than 2000 attendees in total since April 2018. We deliver exciting after-hours and weekends to creative people focusing visual programming tools such as TouchDesigner.
We started our subscription on Patreon on 2nd June. You can watch all of our live streaming workshop with TDSW Excellent plan for $35/month. Please give it some consideration if you are going to continue taking our workshops as we will have four online events including this workshop every Sunday on June.