TouchDesigner now supports hosting of VST3 Audio Plugins with the AudioVST CHOP.
This post covers our testing progress of plugins from various developers. We will continue to keep this post updated and link it back to the forum so everyone can easily track developments in our expanding support for audio plugins.
For now we break down support into 3 main categories: Stable, Unstable and No Support.
Stable Support in TD - Windows 10
These developers support VST3 for most (if not all) of their plugins. They have been tested with TouchDesigner and both the instruments and the filters seem to work well enough for us to encourage you to try yourself and post your issues.
- U-he - https://u-he.com
Nice set of instruments. Work well
- HY-Plugins - https://hy-plugins.com
Light weight very functional VSTs. Some issues with window drawing at scaled resolutions.
- Valhalla - https://valhalladsp.com
Great plugins for a good price. Seem rock solid.
- GlitchMachines - https://glitchmachines.com
Creative plugins for glitchy explorations.
- FabFilter - https://www.fabfilter.com
Professional filters that seem to run amazing in TouchDesigner.
- IZotope Inc - https://www.izotope.com
Also professional and also running great.
- Roland - https://rolandcloud.com
Uhh. Everything Roland, virtualized and on the cloud. Their cloud app is overwhelming but their VSTs seem to work very well in TD.
- Native Instruments - https://www.native-instruments.com - Most plugins seem to be working - and sequencers including Maschine and Reaktor are working in the upcoming experimental version.
- Arturia - http://arturia.com Most plugins seem to work well.
- VCV - https://vcvrack.com - I heard this is working but not tested yet by Derivative.
Unstable - Windows 10
These developers provide VST3 plugins for some of their products, but there are major issues to be aware of.
- Softube - https://www.softube.com
Not very well tested yet. We have seen lockups for the delay filter. The instrument Modular (virtual Eurorack) works.but the iLok license system is not playing well with TouchDesigner yet.
- PSP AudioWare - https://www.pspaudioware.com/products
Not many VST3 but for those that exist they work very well.
- Waves - https://www.waves.com
The piano VST works well. The filters are run in a VST3 wrapper so we have to figure out the workflow to load into the VST CHOP.
No Support - Windows 10
Forget about trying these plugins they haven’t ported to VST3 yet.
- Universal Audio - https://www.uaudio.com
Latest announcements here - https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050583152-DAW-Compatibility
- Sound Toys - https://www.soundtoys.com
- Slate Digital - https://slatedigital.com
Stable Support in TD - Mac OS (Apple Silicon)
- Arturia - http://arturia.com
All Arturia plugins from the Instrument and FX Collections working great!
Forum discussion is here.