This patch extracts parts of a paper sheet and convert them in cropped TOPs to be used as you want.
It was inspired by the work from Owen Lowery.
He made an installation of moving puppets for childrens.
2D characters are animated by Kinect and childrens can draw their avatars on a paper sheet, each part on a rectangle (head, body, arms...)
The sheet is then inserted in a scanner and the patch cuts the rectangles and biuld the characters.
This project is intended to create the image to be printed and the system to detect and retrieve the rectangles using a simple webcam (or other live image sources) and placing the sheet in front of it.
Detection is based on the TOE qrCodeTracker by "pdubost"
Forum reference: https://forum.derivative.ca/t/recognize-moving-qr-code/3291
TO BE DONE
1) compensate horizontale deformation (x rotatoin of the sheet on the camera plane) evaluating difference in size between upper and lower QRcode
2) line guides on the screen and positoin detection in real time to be sure the image is captured at maximum size
3) use a better webcam (4k?) or drive a reflex camera
4) integrate kinect camera to cut parts of real body and face
5) put the QRdetectioncode outside in engine to avoid TD freezing while computing
HOW TO INSTALL THE PYZBAR LIBRARY!
open the CMD with administrator privileges
go in the folder:
(or where TD is installed)
enter: pip install pyzbar --target=“C:\Program Files\Derivative\TouchDesignerpip \bin\Lib”
(verify the path correspond to where TD is installed)
if you don't have pip installed:
Qtter beta 0.1
simone "simplo" murtas