The SocketIO DAT connects to a Socket.IO server at the specified URL.
Additional headers can be specified via the first input of the SocketIO DAT. This input should be in a table format with two columns, structured as name/value pairs.
The SocketIO DAT listens to specific events that the server emits. These events are added as listeners via the second input, structured as a single column of event names. Then, when the server emits these events the
onReceiveEvent callback will be triggered.
The SocketIO DAT can also emit events to the server. This is done using the python
The SocketIO DAT is built with socket.io's C++ Client API v2.0.0. Works with with socket.io v2.x servers; socket.io v3 currently not supported.
Parameters - Connect Page
active - When enabled, the SocketIO DAT is actively listening for events from the server, and can also emit events.
url - The URL of the socket.io server.
Verify Certificate (TLS)
verifycert - Enables TLS (transport layer security) certificate verification.
delay - The delay in milliseconds between reconnection attempts.
Parameters - Received Messages Page
callbacks - The Callbacks DAT will execute once for each message coming in.
executeloc - ⊞ - Determines the location the script is run from.
- Current Node
current- The script is executed from the current node location.
- Callbacks DAT
callbacks- The script is executed from the location of the DAT specified in the Callbacks DAT parameter.
- Specified Operator
op- The script is executed from the operator specified in the From Operator parameter below.
fromop - The operator whose state change will trigger the DAT to execute its script when Execute from is set to Specified Operator. This operator is also the path that the script will be executed from if the Execute from parameter is set to Specified Operator.
clamp - The DAT is limited to 100 messages by default but with Clamp Output, this can be set to anything including unlimited.
maxlines - Limits the number of messages, older messages are removed from the list first.
clear - Deletes all lines except the heading. To clear with a python script
bytes - Outputs the raw bytes of the message in a separate column.
Parameters - Common Page
language - ⊞ - Select how the DAT decides which script language to operate on.
input- The DAT uses the inputs script language.
node- The DAT uses it's own script language.
extension - ⊞ - Select the file extension this DAT should expose to external editors.
dat- various common file extensions.
- From Language
language- pick extension from DATs script language.
- Custom Extension
custom- Specify a custom extension.
customext - Specifiy the custom extension.
wordwrap - ⊞ - Enable Word Wrap for Node Display.
input- The DAT uses the inputs setting.
on- Turn on Word Wrap.
off- Turn off Word Wrap.
- Input 0 -
- Input 1 -
Info CHOP Channels
Extra Information for the SocketIO DAT can be accessed via an Info CHOP.
Common DAT Info Channels
- num_rows - Number of rows in this DAT.
- num_cols - Number of columns in this DAT.
Common Operator Info Channels
- total_cooks - Number of times the operator has cooked since the process started.
- cook_time - Duration of the last cook in milliseconds.
- cook_frame - Frame number when this operator was last cooked relative to the component timeline.
- cook_abs_frame - Frame number when this operator was last cooked relative to the absolute time.
- cook_start_time - Time in milliseconds at which the operator started cooking in the frame it was cooked.
- cook_end_time - Time in milliseconds at which the operator finished cooking in the frame it was cooked.
- cooked_this_frame - 1 if operator was cooked this frame.
- warnings - Number of warnings in this operator if any.
- errors - Number of errors in this operator if any.