Oculus Audio CHOP
The Oculus Audio CHOP uses the Oculus Audio SDK to take a mono sound channel and create a spatialized stereo pair or channels for that sound.
See also: Audio Render CHOP
Parameters - Setup Page
active - When enabled, will actively spatialize the audio input.
Head Object COMP
headobject - A COMP that represents the listener's (ie. head) transform. Must be a COMP that contains transform data, such as a Geometry or Camera COMP.
Source Object COMP
sourceobject - A COMP that represents the audio source's transform. Must be a COMP that contains transform data, such as a Geometry or Camera COMP.
minrange - The minimum attenuation range of the audio source (in meters).
maxrange - The maximum attenuation range of the audio source (in meters)
diameter - The virtual diameter of the audio source. By default the diameter is 0 which means the audio source is just a point in space.
bandhint - ⊞ - If the audio source content is known, this parameter can be set to improve overall sound quality.
- Wide Band
wide- Used to help mask certain artifacts for wideband audio sources with a lot of spectral content, such as music, voice andnoise.
- Narrow Band
narrow- Used for narrowband audio sources that lack broad spectral content such as pure tones (sine waves, whistles).
Reflections and Reverb
reflectrevert - When enabled, audio reflection and reverb will be enabled.
attenuation - ⊞ - Select attentuation calculation between the audio source and listener (head).
none- Soujnd is not attenuated
fixed- Attenuate based on a fixed value. This fixed value is set using the Attenuation Scale parameter.
- Inverse Square
inversesequare- Attenuation calculated based on inverse square.
attenuationscale - Set the fixed attenuation value when in Fixed Attenuation mode.
Box Room Mode
boxroommode - Enables box room calculations for reverberation.
roomsize - ⊞ - Sets the size of the box room.
Room Left Reflect
roomleftrelfect - Reflection level for the left of the box (ie. what percentage of the audio is reflected back).
Room Right Reflect
roomrightrelfect - Reflection level for the right of the box (ie. what percentage of the audio is reflected back).
Room Bottom Reflect
roombottomrelfect - Reflection level for the bottom of the box (ie. what percentage of the audio is reflected back).
Room Top Reflect
roomtoprelfect - Reflection level for the top of the box (ie. what percentage of the audio is reflected back).
Room Front Reflect
roomfrontrelfect - Reflection level for the front of the box (ie. what percentage of the audio is reflected back).
Room Back Reflect
roombackrelfect - Reflection level for the back of the box (ie. what percentage of the audio is reflected back).
Parameters - Common Page
timeslice - Turning this on forces the channels to be "Time Sliced". A Time Slice is the time between the last cook frame and the current cook frame.
scope - To determine which channels get affected, some CHOPs use a Scope string on the Common page.
Sample Rate Match
srselect - ⊞ - Handle cases where multiple input CHOPs' sample rates are different. When Resampling occurs, the curves are interpolated according to the Interpolation Method Option, or "Linear" if the Interpolate Options are not available.
- Resample At First Input's Rate
first- Use rate of first input to resample others.
- Resample At Maximum Rate
max- Resample to the highest sample rate.
- Resample At Minimum Rate
min- Resample to the lowest sample rate.
- Error If Rates Differ
err- Doesn't accept conflicting sample rates.
exportmethod - ⊞ - This will determine how to connect the CHOP channel to the parameter. Refer to the Export article for more information.
- DAT Table by Index
datindex- Uses the docked DAT table and references the channel via the index of the channel in the CHOP.
- DAT Table by Name
datname- Uses the docked DAT table and references the channel via the name of the channel in the CHOP.
- Channel Name is Path:Parameter
autoname- The channel is the full destination of where to export to, such has
autoexportroot - This path points to the root node where all of the paths that exporting by Channel Name is Path:Parameter are relative to.
exporttable - The DAT used to hold the export information when using the DAT Table Export Methods (See above).
- Input 0 -
Info CHOP Channels
Extra Information for the Oculus Audio CHOP can be accessed via an Info CHOP.
Common CHOP Info Channels
- start - Start of the CHOP interval in samples.
- length - Number of samples in the CHOP.
- sample_rate - The samplerate of the channels in frames per second.
- num_channels - Number of channels in the CHOP.
- time_slice - 1 if CHOP is Time Slice enabled, 0 otherwise.
- export_sernum - A count of how often the export connections have been updated.
Common Operator Info Channels
- total_cooks - Number of times the operator has cooked since the process started.
- cook_time - Duration of the last cook in milliseconds.
- cook_frame - Frame number when this operator was last cooked relative to the component timeline.
- cook_abs_frame - Frame number when this operator was last cooked relative to the absolute time.
- cook_start_time - Time in milliseconds at which the operator started cooking in the frame it was cooked.
- cook_end_time - Time in milliseconds at which the operator finished cooking in the frame it was cooked.
- cooked_this_frame - 1 if operator was cooked this frame.
- warnings - Number of warnings in this operator if any.
- errors - Number of errors in this operator if any.