The JSON DAT converts and filters JSON text using JSONPath syntax and outputs the filtered results. It eliminates having to code scripts to parse and manipulate JSON, and keeps the data flow procedural.
It expects JSON text as input and converts the input to a Python object in the
It then filters the JSON down using the JSONPath Filter parameter, and it outputs the resulting data from the DAT as JSON text.
It also puts the filtered results as
DAT.results (a Python list of results) and
DAT.result (the first result).
You can test expressions on
DAT.results by setting the Output menu to Expression and using expressions like
me.result['city'], which outputs the evaluated expression from the DAT. You can then use that expression as
op('json1').result['city'] in an expression elsewhere.
DAT.expr is also a member of the JSON DAT, for example,
op('json1').expr returns the evaluated expression parameter.
Parameters - JSON Page
filter - A filter string following JSONPath syntax that will be used to filter the input JSON.
output - ⊞ - Select the output of the JSON DAT.
- Filter Result
filterresult- Outputs list returned from applying the filter to the JSON text input.
expression- Output a custom expression.
expression - The custom expression to output
formatoutput - When enabled, the output of the DAT will formatted with indents and newlines.
Hold Last Non-Empty Results
holdlast - When enabled, the most recent result will be held if the results become empty, in effect only new non-empty results will update the output.
Parameters - Common Page
language - ⊞ - Select how the DAT decides which script language to operate on.
input- The DAT uses the inputs script language.
node- The DAT uses it's own script language.
extension - ⊞ - Select the file extension this DAT should expose to external editors.
dat- various common file extensions.
- From Language
languageext- pick extension from DATs script language.
- Custom Extension
customext- Specify a custom extension.
customext - Specifiy the custom extension.
wordwrap - ⊞ - Enable Word Wrap for Node Display.
input- The DAT uses the inputs setting.
on- Turn on Word Wrap.
off- Turn off Word Wrap.
- Input 0 - A JSON text input.
Info CHOP Channels
Extra Information for the JSON DAT can be accessed via an Info CHOP.
Common DAT Info Channels
- num_rows - Number of rows in this DAT.
- num_cols - Number of columns in this DAT.
Common Operator Info Channels
- total_cooks - Number of times the operator has cooked since the process started.
- cook_time - Duration of the last cook in milliseconds.
- cook_frame - Frame number when this operator was last cooked relative to the component timeline.
- cook_abs_frame - Frame number when this operator was last cooked relative to the absolute time.
- cook_start_time - Time in milliseconds at which the operator started cooking in the frame it was cooked.
- cook_end_time - Time in milliseconds at which the operator finished cooking in the frame it was cooked.
- cooked_this_frame - 1 if operator was cooked this frame.
- warnings - Number of warnings in this operator if any.
- errors - Number of errors in this operator if any.