The term "flag" in TouchDesigner refers to the indicator of states of an Operator (the Bypass flag, Display flag, Lock flag, etc).
Flags are also visible in a network's "Table View": Press "T" in the network to go to/from Table View. It shows nodes in a table format, where the complete set of flags is visible on the columns.
Flags are not parameters and therefore changing a flag does not in itself cause a node to cook. You cannot export to a flag.
Some flags are specific to certain operator families, like the Render flag for 3d Geometry operators.
All flags are set using, for example,
op('nodename').lock = True.
To program in Python all common operator flags, see the Flags section in: OP_Class, and the classes for each operator family.
Flags on all Nodesedit
- Viewer - turns on the data viewer in the center of the node.
- Viewer Active - makes the viewer interactive so you can inspect the node's output data further, or operate a panel.
- Lock - the data the node outputs is frozen in memory (and saved in the
- Bypass - the first input is passed directly to the output. Bypass on a component causes all nodes inside it to be bypassed.
- Cooking - on a component, will cause nodes inside not to cook.
- Immune - a node inside a clone can be immune from cloning.
- Current - the node is the current node in a network
- Selected - the node is one of the selected nodes in a network.
- Expose - the node can be hidden from view in a network.
- Python - a flag that sets the language of the content of a node to be Python (the default). Visible on the Parameter Dialog only.
Flags on 3D Object componentsedit
- Render - if off, the object will not be seen in any render of the Render TOP or Render Pass TOP.
- Display - if off, the object will not be seen in any camera viewer.
- Pickable - if off, the object will not be selectable in 3D Geometry Viewers or the SOP Editor.
Flags on CHOPsedit
- Export - if off, nothing is exported from that CHOP.