The term "flag" in TouchDesigner refers to the indicator of states of an Operator (the Bypass, Display, Lock flags etc).
Operator flags are located around a node in a network pane and/or in a network's "table" view (press "t" in the network to toggle).
When you press "t" in a network pane, it shows nodes in a table format, where the complete set of flags is visible on the columns.
Flags are not parameters and therefore changing a flag does not in itself cause a node to cook. You cannot export to a flag.
All flags are displayed and set using the
Flag states are retrieved with the
Flags on all Nodes
- Viewer Flag
- Viewer Active Flag
- Lock Flag
- Bypass Flag
- Cooking Flag
- Immune Flag
- Current flag - the node is the current node in a network
- Expose flag - the node can be hidden from view in a network
Flags on 3D Object components
- Render - if off, the object will not be seen in any render of the Render TOP or Render Pass TOP.
- Display - if off, the object will not be seen in any camera viewer.
- Pickable - if off, the object will not be selectable in 3D Geometry Viewers or the SOP Editor.
Flags on CHOPs
- Export - if off, nothing is exported from that CHOP.