TouchDesigner supports Blackmagic Design devices through the Video Device In TOP and Video Device Out TOP.
Blackmagic Design builds a wide array of high performance input and output video devices. They offer devices for PCI-e and USB 3.0 interfaces that are available in a variety of input/output connections such as HDMI, SDI/HD-SDI, DVI, Component, and more.
Blackmagic Products can be found here.
Blackmagic Support in TouchDesigneredit
TouchDesigner has built-in native driver support for Blackmagic devices providing better performance and lower latency than WDM/DirectShow capture devices.
GPU Direct For Video Supportedit
With the switch to Vulkan we are able to achieve similar performance via Vulkan features directly using something called Pinned Memory. This works on most GPUs (even non-Quadros), so GPU Direct For Video support is no longer needed.
- Decklink or Intensity hardware device
- Install the Blackmagic Design Desktop Video drivers.
Ways to interface with Blackmagic Design in TouchDesigner
- Video Device In TOP - Captures video streams from capture cards and input devices such as the Decklink and Intensity.
- Video Device Out TOP - Outputs video from the Decklink and Intensity devices.
Tips for Working with Blackmagic Designedit
- For additional support and troubleshooting refer to the Blackmagic Design Community.
If your Blackmagic device is not working, ensure it has the correct firmware installed for the drivers you are using. As long as your driver is version 11.5 or later, you can use the following commands from the driver installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Desktop Video):
List the devices and their firmware version:
To perform updates (-u) on all devices (-a), use: