From TouchDesigner 088 Wiki
New Features in 088
- DOWNLOAD 088 HERE
- Python is the default scripting language and integrated throughout TouchDesigner's architecture.
- A 64-bit version is available as a separate installer.
- New parameter interface and Parameter Modes provide more flexible workflow.
- Unified reset and triggering parameters and interface.
- Geometry COMP - Major instancing updates. Instances can now be defined with DATs and added support for Instance Texturing on Nvidia Kepler level cards (Geforce 600 series, Quadro K series). This allows for mapping any number of TOPs onto instances simply by providing a texture index.
- Movie File In TOP now supports the Hap video codec and the Movie File Out TOP encodes to the Hap Q codec.
- Update to Kinect Runtime v1.8 to support added features.
- The Kinect CHOP supports Kinect Interaction features such as detecting 'push' and 'grip' gestures.
- Phong MAT - New Environment Map Color parameter to multiply the color of the Environment Map.
- Video In TOP - Native support for Blackmagic Design, Datapath, and Allied Vision devices.
- Multi Touch In DAT now allows for a panel to be specified for touch events.
- Audio Stream In CHOP and Audio Stream Out CHOP allow streaming of audio in and out using rtsp streaming.
- New python methods defined for all Execute-type DATs.
- Expression selection tooltips allow you to select a sub-section of an expression and view the result in a pop-up tip.
- Line/Row/Column numbers for DATs.
- Support for GLSL 3.30.
- Support for CUDA 5.0. CUDA features required drivers 307 series or later.
- OpenEXR file reading support.
- Safe Mode - For editing and navigating a previously crashed .toe file.
- Leap Motion CHOP gives native support for Leap Motion devices.
- Oculus Rift CHOP and Oculus Rift TOP for native support for Oculus Rift VR
- OpenVR for HTC Vive from Valve and SteamVR
- Intel RealSense
- WebSocket DAT receives and parses WebSocket messages.
- Keyboard In DAT captures keyboard inputs.
- Script CHOP, Script SOP, and Script DAT let you generate data via python in these OP families.
- Rectangle TOP creates rectangle textures and the Circle TOP creates circle textures.
- DirectX In TOP and DirectX Out TOP allow sharing of textures (TOPs) to other software using DirectX.
- Photoshop In TOP - Streams Photoshop open files to TouchDesigner in real-time.
- Audio Mix CHOP blends audio streams from multiple CHOPs and performs a mix down that preserves volume levels and avoids overdriving.
- Folder DAT creates a list of the contents found in any folder on disk.
- OP Viewer COMP creates a control panel out of any operator viewer.