From TouchDesigner 088 Wiki
Revision as of 14:18, 10 January 2017 by Ben
Read a summary of what's new with Derivative and TouchDesigner.
- DOWNLOAD 088
- TouchPlayer is now available with Commercial and Pro licenses.
- Support for HTC Vive and other OpenVR supported VR headsets is now available through the OpenVR TOP, OpenVR CHOP, and OpenVR SOP.
- Support for RealSense cameras is now available through the RealSense TOP and RealSense CHOP.
- TUIO In DAT - New DAT captures TUIO events from other devices or software on the network.
- Video Stream Out TOP delivers H.264 streaming with audio.
- OpenColorIO TOP can be used to apply 3D lookup tables to TOPs.
- Leuze ROD4 CHOP connects to the Leuze ROD4 laser scanner via TCP/IP. Blob Tracking mode allows for turning the measured distances into blobs for use as an interaction surface.
- Monitors DAT now has gpu_index column for working with GPU Affinity.
- Global OP Shortcut allows labelling of components that can be referenced anywhere while Parent Shortcut allows labelling of components that can be referenced from any child.
- Projection TOP now has Fish-eye image and Dual-Paraboloid input types.
- The Getting Started Tips will help you install TouchDesigner 088 and get it keyed and running.
- Go through First Things to Know about TouchDesigner to get an introductory overview.
- Follow along Best of the Best Workshop videos and Matt Ragan's 2-day Intro to TouchDesigner workshop.
Tutorials and Workshop Videos
- Matthew Ragan's TouchDesigner Tutorials - An excellent resource for learning TouchDesigner covering over 100 topics from a great teacher.
- More User-Contributed Tutorials - More excellent videos from experienced TouchDesigner artists.
- See also Videos
- Browse the Wiki Categories. Also explore the navigation bar on the left using the links or search field.
- Operator Help pages - All the node types of TouchDesigner.
- Introduction to Python - An introduction to Python scripting in TouchDesigner. Python Reference is also available for a full list of python classes.
- TouchDesigner Tips - A collection of short how-to tutorials showing you how to accomplish certain tasks.
- Search documentation using the wiki advanced search page.
- Offline Help - Access the wiki when you are not connected to the internet by pre-downloading the offline documentation package.
Sample Components, Tools and Examples
- OP Snippets - hundreds of examples found via the Help -> Operator Snippets menu
- Palette Browser - in the menu Dialogs -> Palette Library, or the left-pane of the default TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - User-contributed components.
- General forums - What the TouchDesigner community is talking about.
- Gallery forum - What people have created with TouchDesigner.
- .tox Component forum - A shared collection of helpful community contributed components.
- Facebook - Join us on Facebook and keep up to date with the latest TouchDesigner projects.
- TouchDesigner Help on Facebook- Massively Helpful Facebook Help Group for TouchDesigner run by users.
- Vimeo - Videos posted by the TouchDesigner community on Vimeo.
- Twitter - Follow us on Twitter @1null1
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions about TouchDesigner.
- Books - A list of books written about TouchDesigner.
- Matthew Ragan's github Examples
- Resources - Textures, devices, movies, audio and more.