Locations of Viewers
Viewers of TouchDesigner operators are found in three places:
- in nodes - Viewers inside nodes are called to as Node Viewers.
- in floating windows - Opened from panes as floating dialogs (using Tear Off or Copy Pane), or opened by selecting Viewer... from a node's right-click menu.
- in Panes
Styles of Viewers
There is a viewer style for every operator family.
- Geometry Viewer - A 3D viewport for viewing and manipulating 3D scenes or objects interactively. You can tumble, pan, and zoom throughout the 3D scene. Also found as a Node Viewer in all Components and SOPs.
- CHOP Viewer - A 2D viewer to inspecting and editing CHOP channel values. Time is on the x-axis, value (or amplitude) is on the y-axis. Also found as a Node Viewer in all CHOPs.
- TOP Viewer - A 2D viewer for viewing TOP images. You can pan and zoom around the image. Also found as a Node Viewer in all TOPs.
- SOP Editor - Similar to the Geometry Viewer but specialized for editing SOP geometry. Using SOP viewer States you can directly manipulate geometry or model new geometry from scratch. A SOP viewer can only be opened directly from SOPs by right-clicking on the SOP and selecting Model Geometry... from the menu.