The Tube SOP generates open or closed tubes, cones, or pyramids along the X, Y or Z axes. It outputs as meshes, polygons or simply a tube primitive.
Parameters - Tube Page
/type - Select from the following types. For information on the different types, see the Geometry category articles.
- Primitive -
- Polygon -
- Mesh -
- NURBS -
- Bzier -
/surftype - This option is used to select the type of surface, when using a Mesh Primitive Type.
- Rows - Creates horizontal lines.
- Columns - Creates vertical lines.
- Rows & Cols - Both Rows and Columns. Looks like Quads in wire frame display, but all polygons are open (if the primitive type is polygon).
- Triangles - Build the grid with Triangles.
- Quadrilaterals - Generates sides composed of quadrilaterals (default).
- Alternating Triangles - Generates triangles that are opposed; similar to the Triangles option.
/orient - Primary axis of tube (long axis).
/tx /ty /tz - Location of the tube center from the object origin.
/rad - The first field is the radius of the top of the tube and the second field represents the radius of the bottom of the tube.
/height - The height of the tube.
/imperfect - This option applies only to Bzier and NURBS types. If selected, the tube is an approximated nonrational curve, otherwise it is a perfect rational curve.
Parameters - Detail Page
Rows / Columns
/rows /cols - Number of rows / columns in tube.
U / V Order
/orderu /orderv - If a spline surface is selected, it is built at this order for U and V.
/cap - If selected, it adds faceted end caps to the ends of the tube.
/texture - Adds UV texture coordinates to the sphere.
- Off - No UV coordinates added to surface.
- Row & Columns - Adds vertex UV coordinates.
Uses / Works in Relation With
Generates tubes from hollow tubes to cones and pyramids.