The Pulse CHOP generates pulses in one channel at regular intervals. The amplitude of each pulse can be edited with the CHOP sliders or with handles on the graph.
The Pulse CHOP can be used as triggers to the Copy CHOP, and can represent regularly-timed events.
By default, the pulses are a single sample long, but you can increase the Pulse Width so that the pulses are steps to the next pulse. You can also interpolate the values between pulses, as Linear, Ease In Ease Out, Cubic or other curves.
The pulses can be restricted to a minimum / maximum limit. If the Limit Type is Clamp, the graph has additional convenient handles at the minimum and maximum for each pulse.
The Pulse CHOP generates a single channel of up to 32 pulses, and you can merge several Pulse CHOPs into a multi-channel CHOP.
The Pulse CHOP uses its optional second input as a start/end reference, so a number of Pulse CHOPs can be stretched to the same interval.
In order to set the value at the last sample, the option, Last Pulse at Last Sample is provided. Otherwise, the last pulse is prior to the last sample.
Parameters - Pulse Page
Number of Pulses - The number of pulses to generate.
Interpolate - You can interpolate the values between pulses using the following function curves:
- Off - Disables interpolation.
- Linear - Use linear interpolation between samples when the interval is lengthened. Averages all samples near the new sample when the interval is shortened.
- Ease in - Uses an easein() function for blending.
- Ease out - Uses an easeout() function for blending.
- Ease in Ease out - Uses both easein() and easeout() functions.
- Cubic - Cubically interpolates between samples, for smoother curves than Linear. This method is not recommended for channels with sharp changes.
Pulse Width - By default, the pulses are a single sample long, but you can increase the Pulse Width so that the pulses are steps to the next pulse.
Limit Type -
- Off - Pulses are allowed to be any value with no clamping.
- Clamp - Clamps pulse values to the Minimum and Maximum values specified below.
Minimum, Maximum - The pulses can be restricted to a Minimum / Maximum limit. If the Limit Type is Clamp, the graph has additional convenient handles at the minimum and maximum for each pulse.
Last Pulse at Last Sample - In order to set the value at the last sample, the option Last Pulse at Last Sample is provided. Otherwise, the last pulse is prior to the last sample.
Parameters - 0 / 8 / 16 / 24 Pages
Pulse 0 to 7 - etc. The value of the sequence pulse.
Parameters - Channel Page
Start / End - The start and end times of the desired interval.
Extend Left - The left and right extend conditions. / Extend Right
Default Value - The default value for extend conditions.
Standard Options and Local Variables