APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

GTX vs Quadro w/ Decklink Quad 2 Build

Discuss graphics hardware, computer hardware, and input/output devices to use with TouchDesigner

Re: GTX vs Quadro w/ Decklink Quad 2 Build

Postby malcolm » Tue May 15, 2018 8:23 pm

You can see it if you middle click on any TOP. Also Windows 10's task manager has GPU reporting tools as well.
malcolm
Staff

Postby priam » Wed May 16, 2018 10:52 am

Hi Malcolm,

OK that what I had in mind, I didn’t miss anything then, will do that for now, best, P
priam

Postby priam » Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 pm

TD_GPUbicycle.png
GPU stats
TD_GPUbicycle.png (51.58 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
TD_GPUbicycle.png
GPU stats
TD_GPUbicycle.png (51.58 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
Hi Malcolm,

So here is a sum up view:
A - The more i reduce the number of points to show with my shader (it takes points from a few TOPs in .exr formats and displays them in 3D, position and color are store in the .exrs), the more fps I get, with 16million I am OK. In editor mode TD says 90fps.
I attached pics
B - The GPU of the card isnt that full (less than half) see pic of Win10 Task Manager, also see GPU 3D at 98%
C - The openVR TOPs it seems are taking all the resources see pic of Perf Monitor
So it's weird, I am thinking my shader might need a faster card? It renders all points if I let it but very slowly, the ram isnt full but as i said more points make it slower.
OR I need to update / check my VIVE Open VR network.
Maybe the card needs bigger internal "buses", or RAM transfer speeds? No idea, that's why I wonder which:
Quadro or Titan?
Best!, P
Attachments
TD_Perf_bicycle.png
TD_Perf_bicycle.png (344.26 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
priam

Postby malcolm » Wed May 16, 2018 1:04 pm

GPU at 98% means the GPU itself is overworked. It's not a RAM or transfer speed issue. So you need something with more cores/faster cores
malcolm
Staff

Postby priam » Sat May 19, 2018 5:03 pm

Thanks Malcolm,

Let me ask this then: how is it that TD is going to offload more calculations to the CPU?
Is it automatic somehow? Does this mean that a bigger GPU is not going to help? It's just that the less points I display the better my framerate goes, and that is pretty linearly verifiable, best! P
priam

Postby priam » Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Hey you know what I thought you mentioned the CPU, so OK, I need a bigger GPU.
Fine, is the Titan V versus a Quadro P5000 a good choice then?
Best! P
priam

Postby priam » Wed May 23, 2018 5:56 pm

If I can get my hands on one :), or a previous Titan, P
priam

Postby kd5snu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm running a P6000 and outputting 30 FPS to a total of (24) 1080p30 displays via 3 DeckLink Quad 2 cards. It's definitely possible, but it does begin to bog down if you try and push too much onto it. I'm having to work quite heavily on optimizing my pipeline, including custom GLSL renderers.

I'm still not fully there yet, but it's definitely possible. I've actually got two more P6000s in the rig that I'm going to attempt to use for other bits of the project and push the resultant renders to the main one to be added to the output. I have no idea how it's going to come out.
kd5snu

Postby todase » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:09 am

kd5snu wrote:I've actually got two more P6000s in the rig that I'm going to attempt to use for other bits of the project and push the resultant renders to the main one to be added to the output. I have no idea how it's going to come out.

Did you use several P6000 in one server outputting to all of 24 displays from one? How does this setup behave? Any issues?
todase

Previous

Return to Hardware