APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Hire Toronto livestream video

Announcements from TouchDesigner users. Discuss performances, presentations, job offerings, project collaborations, and events.

Hire Toronto livestream video

Postby Zinha » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello,

I’m an artist in Toronto looking to hire someone to create the following.

Can someone advise if it’s possible to create a live video trail, and how easy/complex that would be?

Basically, I’d like to use a live video feed (from a camcorder or digital camera with video capability), and get the image to stay on the screen for variable durations (5secs to 30secs). I wouldn’t be recording, rather using the video camera as a live image source. I’d like the video images to overlay themselves. The goal is to project the live video trails.

Thank you,
Z
Zinha

Re: Hire Toronto livestream video

Postby ben » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Yes this is doable using a variety of approaches, caching images and re-compositing them or using the Time Machine TOP are two possible methods. One thing to decide is how the images get added to each other and do you pull a key/alpha or blend full frame.
ben
Staff

Postby Zinha » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:38 am

Thank you so much, everyone! Unfortunately, I found out I don’t have a good enough graphics card and enough RAM. I will revisit TouchDesigner once I upgrade my system.

Z
Zinha

Postby Simplo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:01 pm

What are your PC's specs?
TD ise very scalable and can handle many effects even on slow machines...
Simplo

Return to User Events, Jobs & Opportunities