performance issue with particles instancing

I work for quite a long time on a project and I have a issue when it comes to output on a projector. My project run fine on a monitor but when I output it on a projector it begin to lag. Even I remove a whole part of the project it continue to lag. So I wonder if the problem is inside my particle system. Maybe a task is asking too much to the system.

My GPU is running a 18% and my CPU at 7% and i have a stable frame rate at 60 fps.

I try to optimize my code the best that i can but I don’t know where to search anymore. I someone could take a look at my patch it would be appreciate.

Thanks

MPAC_Cuisine_Francaise_v04.toe (31.2 KB)

Hey Louis,

your project runs at 60fps here as well, but it’s hard to judge anything without any assets loaded.
For instance your particle system output controls some Geo instancing, but without 3d models there isn’t much happening. If you’re able to share a zipfile of your .toe with all movies&assets included it would be easier to help - you can also send it via dm if you prefer.

It could be a vertical sync issue with your projector. Which build are you using? Can you try the experimental build and see if the problem persists? Of turn off Vertical Sync globally in GPU settings and on the Window COMP you are using for Perform Mode window.

derivative.ca/099/Downloads … mental.asp

I was using the lastest experimental build and then I came back to the last official build. Is the any new features to help with vertical sync?

This is the post I made today on the help groud and on discord.

Hi i have a problem with tearing when I output on my projector. I tried multiples solutions and it is better but not optimal.

First I changed my projector refresh rate from 50hz to 60hz in windows advanced display settings. (Before that my fps was crashing by 10 fps)

I then enabled the V-sync.

Then it was working well while I was editing but not in perform so I put my nodes at always cooking.

Then following this link : docs.derivative.ca/index.php… I made a few changes like putting my Nvidia preset to Video Editing (Because I have a Quadro P4000. I also disabled Aero Peek form windows. And finally enabled vertical sync for Touchdesigner.

I also update my graphic card drivers.

I don’t know where to search anymore. My screen is still tearing. I’m running at 60 fps and only using 17% of my GPU and 5% of my CPU.

And also my kinect is not working following a reset of my computer I tried to update drivers and reinstall it and to remove the power and the usb. Any solution how to troubleshoot this?

My setup is :
intel core i7 8700K 3.70GHz
Nvidia Quadro P4000
Windows 10 Pro