FIXED: Clamping acceleration in a Lag CHOP?

Hi,
I’m attempting to clamp acceleration with a lag CHOP, but it doesn’t work as I expect. In the attached example, I’ve limited the velocity to 100 and the acceleration to 50. I then sample both with Slope CHOPs. Move the slider quickly to generate data… The velocity nicely respects the limits, while the acceleration limit is seemingly ignored. Am I doing something wrong (likely)? Is this a bug?
thanks!
lagAccelQuestion.toe (5.72 KB)

Update: It seems like it works correctly if I divide my desired acceleration limit by 60 and enter that in the acceleration limit field… I’m guessing that 60 is not an accident… seems likely to be tied to the global frame rate? This does kind of look like a bug to me now…
-michael

Thanks for the example.
It was in fact calculating acceleration units wrong, by a factor of the sample rate as you noticed.
This will be fixed in an upcoming build.

Is this fix still coming? It’s still wrong in the current build.
thanks!
michael

When I wiggle the slider, I see the acceleration clamp out between 50 and -50 (as specified in the Lag parameters).

In terms of velocity, when I lower the Lag parameters to values below 10, I likewise see the calculated velocity clamped between those values.

Can you confirm the build you are running?

Thanks,
Rob.

I see acceleration go up to 2000 in each direction. I’m running build 2018.27910 on MacOS. As far as I can tell this is the latest stable build (posted in March).
thanks!
michael

Ah I see.
We implemented the fix in the experimental branch, as it causes a backward compatibility issue.
Can you try that branch?
Thanks,
Rob.

I see… I wonder if maybe it would be worth having a separate field for “classic mode” acceleration vs real-world acceleration in order to not break older projects that may have just eyeballed the acceleration values? For my use case, real-world units are important.
-michael

Possibly. We consider each ‘Legacy Mode’ addition pretty carefully, weighing parameter bloat vs list of compatibility issues in the release notes.
We’ll take this one into consideration as well.
Cheers,
Rob