RESOLVED: Render Pass TOP - Crop Page has no effect

Hey,

I am rendering several parts of a scene (GEOs) using the same camera, but using different Crop settings. It works very nicely having different render TOPs but I thought I could gain performance when using one render TOP and using the Crop functionality in the render pass TOP. But that doesn’t seem to have any effect. Or am I mistaking sth here?

Thank you :slight_smile:

And its on Windows 10, TD Version 27550

Works in my testing here with 27550 and experimental. If it is still not working for you would you mind uploading example file and tell us your GPU?

Hey Ben,

I had to try out again and found out that it works if the Render Pass TOPs and the Render TOP are on the same “level” in the network. I worked with Replicators for each Render Pass TOP because there was a bit more going on inside each Replication. And here it doesnt work. Attached is a file showing what I mean…

I am on a GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q
renderPass_replicator.tox (2.2 KB)

Thanks for the clarification.

Ok got it. The Geometry Parameter in the Render Pass TOP needs to reference one level up: “…/". It’s confusing me that it does show a Geometry at all then if there is only "”?! :question: Well attached the version now working :smiley:
renderPass_replicator.tox (2.22 KB)

Ah yes, * does not travel up the heirarchy, so …/* would be needed. Thanks for getting back to us.