64x32 RGB LED Matrix -> Raspberry Pi

Hi guys and girls,

Any tips to drive a 64x32 RGB LED Matrix with TD.

My plan was to drive this with a Raspberry with Real Time Clock HAT for Raspberry Pi
(learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-rgb … spberry-pi)

But a question remains how to pip Touch in all that.

If you guys have tips for me to get started it would be great

Thanks yall!

H.

Hello! Since TouchDesigner does not run natively on a Raspberry Pi (yet), I assume you are talking about running TD on a PC that then streams the data to the rPi. For this, I personally would use sACN (E1.31) to stream pixel data out of TD…over the local network…and arriving @ the rPi (or hundreds of them) to be displayed on the hardware setup that you linked to. I have had luck running OLA (open lighting architecture) on embedded linux systems, which handles the sACN data very nicely and allows Python hooks into the lighting data.

I am curious what you mean by “pip Touch”?

Good luck wrangling data from one platform to another…there are actually hundreds of different ways to do it…the above is just one method that I would do because it leverages professional multicast lighting protocols and allows for extreme scalability (which you might not need).

PS - I have no experience with the clock hat that you referenced, so I cannot help with that and maybe someone has a better suggestion of piping pixel data to it

Moved to Beginners.