Transparent Control panels?

would it be hard for Derivative to have opened controlpanels to be affected by background transparency to show what’s behind them (ie applications, desktops, etc.)? I.e. if I open a controlpanel (now using the window comp) and the background is - as it is by default - with alpha 0, then the entire panel is transparent and I will see the desktop below.

That could make for some very appealing developments.

d

1 Like

Hey Dani, that is something I’ve asked for a while now, but its not so easy in Windows. It is possible, but not easy so it won’t be very soon.

I’d like to clarify something for you however, the Window COMP is NOT a control panel, or part of the panel component family, and as such will behave much differently than panel components. The Window COMP is a new window module which can display control panels from panel components or viewers from other operators. Window COMPs can not be viewed in panes, and do not have any panel or layout options for their contents.

Continue to build controlpanels the way you have been, and when ready to display your controlpanel, then reference it in a Window COMP.

yeah I know - I didn’t express myself clearly (as usual:)).

txd

this issue already solved ?