stereoscopic 3d projectors

Is it possible to create stereoscopic content on TouchDesigner for Optoma’s 3d projectors / glasses /3d rf emitter, based on VESA standard?

Thanks!

Found now this page on the wiki:
derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … nGL_Stereo

Is this the way to go?

We’ve done this manually, sending top/bottom format video.

Projector interleaves the right and left eye and toggles the glasses.

Bruce

I’ve enabled NVIDIA 3d Vision and it’s working, but after inserting the system variable TOUCH_STEREO=1, TouchDesigner 099.2017.10000 is taking a long time on the startup brand screen and doesn’t start. I will try now to update TD to the last build…

I’ve updated to the last build: 2017.14220, but still having the same problem, TD doesn’t start with the TOUCH_STEREO=1 system variable after showing the startup screen for 1 minute… Removing the variable or changing to TOUCH_STEREO=0, TD opens normally in few seconds.

There may be some downstream elements to what you’re trying to do.

Nvidia stereo can be either left/right on two connectors, or a 120Hz interleaved signal on one connector.

So - can you enable stereo in another app, to see that your cabling is correct? If your cable paths or any gear in the signal path doesn’t support the mode, that may prevent Touch starting.

In fact - I suspect you may need to get your signal correct first, so NV knows what ‘type’ of stereo to use, then enable in touch after? I’m saying you should get your system into a resolution and refresh rate that supports 3D, then start Touch.

As I said before - manual is possible too. a 1280 x 1476 or so signal with left eye and right eye in a top bottom configuration works, and as I recall, the projector even decided it was 3d automatically.

Bruce

Hello @bwheaton

I’m using optoma projector and glasses using 120Hz interleaved signal.
It’s already working when I open the NVIDIA 3D Vision config/test software.

What’s the configuration for this interleaved signal?

Thanks!

Sounds like you’ve done what I was suggesting, although, if you could manually switch to that 120Hz signal type, it may help - the NV test code will switch resolutions and TouchDesigner won’t.

Bruce