elgato Game Capture HD60

Yo,
Has anyone gotten one of these devices working with TouchDesigner? There’s an unofficial DirectShow driver but after installing that it still doesn’t show up on the list in VideoDeviceIn.

Any ideas or do I need to find a different capture card?

Thx

I remember both Peter Walker & Matthew Ragan are using one with TD. You can ask them on fb.

I was fighting one of these last week. I was finally able to get a stream from it by starting up TD and selecting it through either the DirectShow or Media Foundation libraries (it would give me a black or flashing black screen) After selecting it in TD I would open up the elgato game capture software and that would always force it to start working in Touch somehow. Once it was working it was pretty great, I got the HD60S and the latency is pretty low.

After it was streaming I could close the elgato software and it would keep working until shutting the computer off.

I am wanting to use it for a client install, but don’t really trust it yet.

Could also try setting up a generic RTMP stream with the Elgato software and then using the Video Stream In TOP to receive it. I have no idea if that works but seems possible, albeit not as ideal as the Video Device In TOP.

I don’t like using these as capture devices for installs, just for capturing sets or recording tuts. I’d go with a more robust capture method for an installation.

Thanks for the tips!

This is for a festival install (streaming not installation) so might not have the option to get anything else due to budgeting.

What would you recommend for a more robust capture that plays nicer with TouchDesigner?

I’m guessing BlackMagic is the preferred? Any others worth looking into?

Thanks

Not a huge fan of Black magic for capture. I’ve had the most consistent luck with BlueFish cards - though they’re also pricey. :confused:

Blackmagic (Decklink) if you’re on a budget. Dont ever use Blackmagic USB models(famous for not working), only Blackmagic PCI-E cards.
For high-end & bigger budget you should pick only Datapath or Bluefish444 cards (both fully supported in TD)
For a budget option also Magewell HDMI-to-USB3 is highly recommended in TD (no drivers needed, plug-and-play).