output

Hello everyone, I am just beginning to discover TouchDesigner and my question concerns the output of the data; I mean, which would be the best way to transfer TouchDesigner data to one or several beamers in order to project the images? Could a mapping software like Millumin2 interact with TouchDesigner? I thank everybody in advance for your replies and help. Cheers!

Hi Lobita,

welcome to the forum.

You connect your projectors directly to the outputs of the graphic card on your TD computer.
In TD your create a single fullscreen window which is just as big as the resolution of all your outputs combined.

So example: if you have a graphics card with 3 outputs of 1920x1080, and your monitor is connected to output1, and two projectors to output2 and output3, your create a TD window which has a resolution of 5760x1080.
Then you need to make sure your new project’s userinterface with all sliders&buttons are laid out in the most-left part (1920x1080) so they show only on the monitor, and you make sure your visual output only shows on the most-right part (3840x1080) so it shows only on your two projectors.

Here’s a tutorial which helps you build a basic setup with one user-interface monitor and one projector: matthewragan.com/2015/04/10/thp … hdesigner/

I’m not familiar with Millumin2, but it seems they support OSC so you can use that to communicate with TouchDesigner. But if it is mapping & softedge blending you need - you can do that in TouchDesigner itself.

Good luck and have fun!

1 Like

thank you Nettoyeur for your prompt reply, I am going to view the tutorial!
Yes it is true Millumin supports OSC :wink:
See you soon on the forum
Lobita