Novation Launchpad Pro

Salutations,

I made this component to facilitate the workflow and set-up time when using the Launchpad pro with TD or like, TD with the Launchpad Pro (depending on how you see it)!

Basic info about how it works is in this youtube video as well as the link to the git-hub with the component. I’ll make a nicer video with screen-capture once I get more info on how to improve this first version.

youtu.be/ZIWP9PDulm8

github.com/OwenKirby/launchpadpro

Ultimately I’m looking to reduce the cook-time to as little as possible but I’m having a hard time finding the correct way to go about it. What I notice is that all the buttons within a base will cook whenever one of them is pressed which really bloats everything down.

Otherwise it works pretty well! I was already using a clunky-er version of this component but I’m looking forward to starting new projects with this as the main control-hub (channel exports for days!)

Hope you enjoy,
Owen

First glance

Some strategic Null’s placed with “selective” for cooktype can reduce unwanted cooking.

In response to your comment about one button makes all buttons cook - it looks to me like this is mostly the case with button01. All other buttons are clones of button01, so changing that button will force all clones to update / cook. You can flip the enable cloning par to toggle this off, or use a button with it’s display turned off as the master clone (one that acts as a template only, and isn’t actually used).

The hold CHOP in your rename bases always cooks - so it might be worth figuring out how to better approach to this bit. It’s not a huge amount of overhead, but it is something.

Hi Matthew,

thanks for taking a look! I haven’t had time to go back to it just yet but the selective cook type advice has made me think that I should omit the select TOP business in the buttons in favor of a select CHOP that exports RGB values to a constant TOP rather than actually flipping through the cropped pixels of the two ‘‘on/off’’ TOPs in the network.

I always learn something from your comments! selective null cooking wasn’t even on my radar before!