Traktor Kontrol F1 Midi Controller

Has anyone used a Traktor Kontrol F1 as a midi controller? Does anyone have a midi map for it?

I have attached an f1 map, which had originally been named “template” in my network. Place it in (/local/midi/userdevices) and it’d be a good idea for now to rename it to “template”.

You’ll need to make sure you go into Traktor’s Controller Editor and use the default midi mapping. I had a problem with an effect mapping I’d left on. When you go into TD, switch your f1 to midi mode by hitting “shift+browse”.

Even though it has a “midi mode”, the f1 is a “controller”, it’s NI programming can do some funky things. For example I get the same midi note triggered by the NI modifier buttons as the first row of launch buttons.

I’ve also attached a COMP called “modules”. Place “modules” in your /local on the same level as “maps” “midi” and “time”. Any table you put in “modules” can be called using mod.listName.attributeName. Again, you’ll notice the f1 is referred to as “template” in this case.

This method gets powerful if you want to drop in a new midi device but have all your scripts/ops still work when you hit a different devices’ “b1” for example. You could also switch it out for say a touchOSC list of inputs.

So if you look into the constant I’ve left in there, you can call any of your buttons or sliders in multiple ways. There’s “mod.buttons.b1” or “mod.f1.b1”.

No RGB midi out set up for the buttons yet, so if you make one, feel free to share it.
modules.tox (1.08 KB)
f1Map.tox (663 KB)