I-CubeX Sensors

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with I-CubeX sensors and getting input data into Touch? I can see signal on the I-CubeX Link software, but for some reason every time I select the MIDI device mapper in Touch and select the microdig, the console shows the same message repeated and it crashes touch. Any ideas if I’m missing a step?

It shouldn’t crash, please post .dmp files in the Bugs forum so we can take a look.

Are you using the latest 088 Official? There were some MIDI bug fixes in the last couple of builds.

Wow, great devices. You’ve had good luck using them with Touch?

Are you using the MIDI Input Device with the their Connect Software?
or USB version with their Link Software?

Maybe you need to use LoopMidi for Touch to see signals for input?

Directly from I-CubeX:

It’s very easy to use I-CubeX with TouchDesigner, by using their MIDI CHOPs to receive the digitizer’s standalone mode MIDI messages. Use EditorX to configure the digitizer’s MIDI output first. We also have unfinished TouchDesigner code of a module to handle digitizer host mode communication. When you are ready to use the I-CubeX products and find that you need such a module, ask us about it.
You can also communicate with TouchDesigner using OSC, which could be sent by our Connect software, see icubex.com/connect, which runs in the background once started.

Whether to use a USB-microDig or a Digitizer may depend more on requirements like the number of inputs (Digitizer: 32 vs USB-microDig: 8) or sampling speed (USB-microDig is faster). Note that you need a MIDI interface to connect the Digitizer to a computer. Overall we’d recommend the USB-microDig because it’s a more recent product with newer technology, especially where it concerns its firmware which was significantly updated last month.

I bought a USB microdig from Icubex to try it out, works really well with Touch. Pretty easy to set up. I learned about it in this thread, so thanks for the heads up!