Allied Vision Manta

Hey all –

I’m having some trouble getting TouchDesigner to connect to an Allied Vision GigE camera. I have a Manta G-046B camera from Allied Vision: [url]https://www.alliedvision.com/en/products/cameras/detail/Manta/G-046.html[/url]

In TouchDesigner, I’ve added a Video Device In TOP. For Library, I selected Allied Vision (GigE). The Device drop-down underneath Library doesn’t show any devices, however. I tried manually setting the IP address, but no luck there either.

I have Allied Vision’s Vimba SDK running, and it is able to connect & view the camera stream. Any ideas on things to check?

Thanks!

Still haven’t gotten this camera to work. Here’s a little more detail on what I’ve done thus far:

Open up the Vimba Viewer app from the SDK. The Vimba Viewer finds the camera after a short delay (~10 seconds). I open the configuration of the camera within the Vimba Viewer. I copy at the GigE > Current > Current IP Address field from the configuration. In my case, it’s 169.254.229.182. If I use this IP address in the Vimba Viewer app using the Open camera by IP option, I am able to connect and stream the video contents within the Vimba Viewer.

I open up TouchDesigner and add a Video Device In TOP. I select Allied Vision (GigE) as the Library. No options appear in the Device drop-down. I set Specify IP to On and enter the same IP address from above: 169.254.229.182. The TOP doesn’t display any error messages, but the texture inside is completely transparent - no data. Also, Touch Designer becomes very sluggish while this TOP is active. The UI hangs for ~2 seconds before reacting. The UI becomes responsive again for a couple seconds before hanging again. This cycle repeats indefinitely as long as I have the TOP set to be active.

I happen to have a few Allied Vision GigE cameras at my disposal, and I see the same issues on all of my models. Here’s what I’ve tested:

Manta G125B ASG
Prosilica GE1910C
Prosilica GC650C

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to debug this?

Hi Spacetierman,

I have the same problem here, where you able to find a solution to yours?

On my side we are using Allied Vision, but GigE Vision cameras, but it supposed to work.

Please let me know.