8 Screens with heavy animation

HI ,
I am looking for 8 outputs to screens/projectors at 1920 x 1080.

This is for an installation where a selection of 2D pictures will be animated (basic movement) and then move between the different worlds (screens).

So far I am looking at using 2 x M4000 as this will give me the outputs with a good amount of processing power. (there may be up to 50 characters at once moving between the worlds).

I had looked at one M4000 and a Datapath x 4 but is there any reason when I can can get one more screen and double the power? Am I missing something?

I assumed (not having used Quadro cards before but from reading the forum) that 2 x M4000 would be a good match, and would talk to each other and share the load ?

Am I looking at heat problems if I stack 2 M4000 together and what might that mean for the power supply ?
Thanks in advance.

in case of the GPU power, please read this page about using multiple graphic cards in TD.
One TD instance will only use one GPU. So this means if you want to use the power of two quadro cards, you’ll have to start two separate TD instances who will each control a single quadro card, and those two TD instances probably will have to talk to each other to keep in sync. So it’s not just a matter of adding more quadro cards to your system.

OK thanks very much. Will check it out.

2x Datapath x4 will give you 8no 1080p outputs at 30hz. I think M4000 supports max 4 displays, but these 8 o/p will only take up 2 of those [split 4k displays] leaving you another two outputs for the interface[s]

Any use?

Lots of use , thanks Dogboy23:)

Even better, released this month:

datapath.us/fx4-datapath.php

big improvement, 60hz, daisy chaining

Nick