xe0n vs i7 -- quadro 300 vs 980m

I’m looking at two possible options. Laptop with an i7 6th gen. cpu & an NVidia 980m or one with a Xeon E3-1505 and a quadro 3000m, the second being 2x the price of the ist. What kind of performance gains in reality do I get with option #2 both in how many extra screens running and how much cpu/gpu performance if I’m generating say, particle systems? Ballpark 10%? 50%? Just curious. My end goal is to be able to generate particles/generated images over a 2 or 3 screens-blended and play 2-3 seperate graphics/video sources through 3-4 other monitors.

A bit like using TD to replace a Spyder and a Watchout system:-)
System#1: gaming.msi.com/products/noteboo … ATOR-PRO-G
System#2: us.msi.com/Workstation/WT72-Wor … o-overview

Eric

The 2nd option with be significantly slower. Check out the number of cores a 3000m has vs. a 980m. Geforce is the way to go with laptops since it’s unclear if the Quadro level features we use for tear-free/stutter free playback even work well on them.

Is it the 3000M, K3000M, or the M3000M? The 3000M is quite old now from 2011, so avoid that for sure. The K3000M is also quite old, and people compare it to a 750M, which 2 generations old, and worse performance technically than whats in the newer MacBooks I believe (I think they last used the 965M?). The M3000M is the newest version but still it’s pretty incremental and is equivalent to the 965M from what I read. So you’d be paying a lot of extra money I imagine for whats basically a pretty weak chip, compared to what you’d get from a Geforce chip.

Been swamped with work, a belated thanks to both of you.