Nvidia 960 dual in surround

I’m looking to spec out a system which has dual 960s in SLI config. I’m planning to setup four projectors and a control monitor in Nvidia surround config. Has this been done before with TD? Is it a tear free optimized path? My understanding is that modern nvidia surround is similar to quadro mosaic in that the workload is spread across gpus. thanks!

Geforce cards don’t have access to the ‘Video Editing’ profile or other TD specific optimizations that Nvidia puts into their drivers, so we don’t guarantee a tear-free path on them still.
In terms of workload Mosaic actually doesn’t spread it across the GPUs, all the work gets done on all the GPUs (they are doing the same work as each other). In terms of performance it’d be slower than 1 GPU due to the overhead of the driver managing 2 GPUs instead of 1.

I recommend getting 1 GTX card and a Datapath x4, set the x4 up in 3840X2160 quad.
This would give you you a Local and 4 1920x1080 outs…This is one of the most efficient ways to achieve what your looking to do. If you have an HS/SDI workflow a AJA hi5+ would be a better choice.