APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Camera ZED

Discuss graphics hardware, computer hardware, and input/output devices to use with TouchDesigner

Re: Camera ZED

Postby attackrelease » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Fantastic timing Malcom. I just had a friend bring a ZED cam over to the studio this afternoon.

I was immediately able to see all of the image inputs from the drop down and could switch the resolutions and other parameters effectively.

The quality of the depth image i'm getting from my camera is pretty bad right now - objects end up having big blocky noisy shadows all around them - so i think i need to recalibrate it before I fully understand it's capabilities.

Super helpful to have this top with so many parameters exposed. Will follow up once i've tested again after calibrating... hopefully that will tighten up the quality of the depth feed.

Thanks so much.
attackrelease

Postby asterix » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:32 am

Amazing! Thanks team!

Currently the camera fps seems locked at 15fps (might upgrade my firmware though). No biggie for me actually for the near future it gets me where i need to go. If I use video device in top you can (even in the live release of TD) pick up the camera feed off the left in case anyone is interested.

Gotta say, Fill mode - wow! Really happy with those results. I was underwhelmed by the raw depth maps from the zed but this really kicks it up 10 notches :)
asterix

Postby asterix » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:01 am

Hi team,

updated to the latest zed sdk and firmware - getting great fps now :)

Do you have a rough timeline for the next official release with zed support? Just factoring that into my current project needs.
asterix

Postby malcolm » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:40 am

It won't make it into the main 2018.20000 builds, but this build is based off of those, so as stable (except for any ZED related stuff). If there are features that you need in 2018.20000 that arn't in the current ZED camera build just ask, and I'll make a new one that is up to date with the latest 2018.20000 + ZED support.

It'll be in the main 2018.40000 release though.
malcolm
Staff

Postby asterix » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:11 pm

Managed to test 3x zed depth cameras successfully at 30fps 720p with filtration on. Dedicated usb 3. ports required as well as running each zed in a seperate instance else you'll get flickering. Also recommend for heavier gpu based scenes to assign your camera instances to a second quadro to prevent performance reductions.
asterix

Postby nettoyeur » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:02 am

Nice one pete!
Idzard Kwadijk | freelance TouchDesigner consultant | LinkedIn
Checkout ChopChopChop.org - the TouchDesigner marketplace!
nettoyeur

Postby vince79 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:54 am

" If there are features that you need in 2018.20000 that arn't in the current ZED camera build just ask "

Would it be possible to read SVO file with the ZED TOP?

Thanks
vince79

Previous

Return to Hardware