APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Camera ZED

Discuss graphics hardware, computer hardware, and input/output devices to use with TouchDesigner

Re: Camera ZED

Postby dfrigon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to take videos but here is some screen caps to show you the difference between the ZED and both Kniect v1 and v2 depth views.

The viewing angle is definitely not as wide as the Kinect. They were all side by side and unfortunately at only 2 meters of the back wall witch make harder to see the whole depth range...

But overall the difference between near plane and far plane is way better with the ZED as there is the whole luminance range between Black to White instead of dark grey to black with the Kinect.

In addition, i've not tested it too much because I have so many other things to do at the same time but the ZED seems to adjust the depth range by itself with the OpenCV file that StereoLabs did.

We just started to code a C++ operator to interface with TouchDesigner, if someone already have some clues i'm open to it!
Attachments
ZED TD.png
ZED TD.png (97.17 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
kinect TD.png
kinect TD.png (65.42 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
dfrigon

Postby bLackburst » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Thanks a lot, that gives us a good idea of the fov.
bLackburst

Postby edorgeville » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Hey guys, did any of you finish interfacing the ZED with Touch ? I'm considering buying it for a project but my C++ skills are not so fresh :^)
Erwan d'Orgeville | erwandorgeville.com | info@erwandorgeville.com
edorgeville

Postby zerozero » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:53 am

Hi there !
Is there any update about someone using ZED camera with Touch ?
I am looking for an high res alternative to Kinect, but I am not into C++ at all :?
Any suggestion welcome !
Thanks
zerozero

Postby michela » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:44 pm

I've been playing with the ZED a bit. I'd be interested in seeing this work with Touch for MR work.

The recent SDK release has certainly made it easier to use with Unity. I'm still not hitting the quality of what's shown in the marketing materials but it's a promising bit of kit.
michela

Postby adamiTTo » Mon May 29, 2017 9:45 am

Hi there

any news about ZED TOP for touch?

thanks
adamiTTo

Postby nettoyeur » Mon May 29, 2017 1:23 pm

With my collegue Tim Gerritsen we've made a C++ TOP for the Zed camera and it works very well in TouchDesigner. We're not giving it away for free, but if you're interested in buying a license, shoot me a private message via this forum and I'll talk to the client to see if we can set something up to make everybody happy.

The ZedTOP outputs all the outputs the Zed has to offer: left camera, right camera, disparity map, depth map, confidence map, and point map, and as user parameters in the C++ TOP we implemented all the options & camera settings we could find in the Zed SDK. Also versions for both 088 and 099.
Attachments
Zed-TD.png
Zed-TD.png (190.68 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Idzard Kwadijk | freelance TouchDesigner consultant | LinkedIn
nettoyeur

Previous

Return to Hardware