The Sentec STC-MCA5MUSB3 USB 3 camera

I have checked out point grey prices, these are slightly cheaper for what I need.
According to sentechamerica.com/cameras-u … MUSB3.aspx, they come with trigger SDk and standard SDK.

Will they work with touch?

Unless they have WDM/Media Foundation drivers, they will not work in TD since we haven’t implemented their SDK natively.

I am looking for at least 5 cameras that can connect to TD.
Right now I am using genius widecams and logictechs.
I would like to use something more professional/industrial.
I need over 30fps, at least 60 would be ideal. +720p :confused:
I am using TD and opencv.

Any recomendations?

Or questions I should send Sentec?
They sent this message back so far:
"Our products offer features that are not supported with WDM. We have Direct X, Direct Show and Linux drivers available. We also have both trigger and standard SDKs available but we do not support WDM.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed."

Maybe my terminology is off. We support DirectShow and MediaFoundation. I always thought WDM was analogous to DirectShow but maybe not?

Sentec is sending me an evaluation unit. I’ll let y’all know if it works well with TD when it arrives.

Ping on this - any luck getting the Sentec to work with Touch?

Not sure if the Sentec ever was confirmed working with WDM/DirectShow. We haven’t added native support for Sentec but TouchDesigner now has native support for the Point Grey cameras dreamingrobot referred to in the first post. 088 supports basic FlyCapture SDK while 099 has been updated and supports both FlyCapture and Spinnaker.