Nvidia 9800 GX2, will Touch be able to handle both cores?

It comes with 1GB of RAM, but that’s 512MB per core, is that a SLI Touch-Me-Not kindda thing?
Will we end up having less memory than with current 8800s’ 768MB maximum?
Will they Rock!? c’mon!

Have to make a decision this week and I couldn’t hold myself from dreaming on that full gigabyte & stuff.

crossing my fingers…

tnxs

f

generally for me, 1 core with max RAM.

MSI showed an 9600gt? with 2 GByte RAM at cebit

Anyone work with Touch with that Geforce 7950 GX2?
Perhaps that has some clues?

Correct me if I’m wrong (and I haven’t located any real info how this card is supposed to work)
Isn’t the point of these GX2’s is that they are supposed to be recognized as one single card with one single Texture memory?
The benefits of SLI without all the software issues of using multi cards?

Here’s some info that may or may not be true (wait and see):

"Next week NVIDIA will release the GeForce 9800 GX2 and a week later on March 25 we can expect the GeForce 9800 GTX, both cards are based on the G92 GPU. In addition to the GeForce 9800 GX2 the firm will also release the nForce 790i chipset and on March 25 we can expect the nForce 780a and 750a chipsets.
In addition to the GeForce 9800GX2, NVIDIA will lift the embargo on the nForce 790i chipset. nForce 790i is essentially the same as nForce 780i, but with support for 45nm quad-core Intel processors and DDR3 memory. "

The G92 chip (I understand) is the same chip that appears on the new 8 series cards that just came out like three months ago.
DDR3 will be nice :wink:

Jim

“Unlike ATI’s HD 3870 X2 card, which appears to the PC as if it’s a single card, the 9800 GX2 suffers from the same restrictions as a two-card SLI setup. When using multiple displays, you must open the nVidia Control Panel and change to Multiple Display Mode, which disables SLI and only utilizes a single GPU for 3D. Depending on what programs you’re using, you may have to shut down some applications, or even reboot, to switch between single and multiple GPU modes. This is really inconvenient for gamers who use dual monitors, and nVidia says it plans to address this limitation in a future driver revision.”
[url]More Single Card Dual GPU Madness: NVIDIA's Flagship 9800 GX2

9800 GX2 and nForce 790i chipsets has been officially released today.

[url]Fudzilla

?